When does life get better ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
I've been daydreaming and wondering If I could end up happy very much. I've just graduated my high school. I thought my life would get better once miserable high school years are over, but I was wrong. It is just the same, except now I'm at home lonely, just not lonely at school anymore. Everyday is same, very monotonous. I could not believe I'm in the middle of 2014. It seems to me that 2014 has just started this week because my days are always similar. No friends, No gardens to go in this crappy city, No places to entertain myself, No support groups. I could not find many opportunities to end this cycle in this country Mongolia. People in here are generally closed-up and rude. I know only way to breakaway from this. Get into a university.
My dream is to get into a University of Melbourne in Australia, Bristol University in The UK or University of Michigan in The USA. These 3 universities are my favourite. I could dedicate everything to any one of these universities. Will it get better in a university ? Also I really want to leave my relatives, who are rude and mean to for no good reason, behind. It hurts when they " You're too weak to be a man". " You're like a girl", " Education will not decide everything, look at how unsociable and unskilled you are at physical works". I try to reach out people. They have no idea what it is like for me. Oh, I have no right to complain since I have everything I need whereas many kids are suffering from diseases, poverty, abuse and malnutrition all around the world. At least that is what my mom says to shut up my mouth.

I don't want to say anything discouraging, but I think that adults do a lot of disservice to kids and adolescents by creating this magical idea that things will automatically get better in adulthood. I was taught that one day I would "prove everyone wrong" and have a good life, and that didn't happen. I have had misfortunes outside of my control, but I made plenty mistakes, too.

University is great for a lot of people, just put in a lot of effort. Follow your passion, prepare for a career, try not to take out too many loans, join a club or two.

I am sorry that your relatives are so mean. I went away to college just to get away from my family! Then they moved across the country to follow me. Ugh. Anyway, there is no guarantee that college will be an improvement, but yes, good luck.

Getting in a university can change everything indeed, if you put work on it. Don't expect it just to happen, work for it. Perhaps that's what your mom is trying to tell you. Don't take it as if she's right and you're wrong. Take it as if it's the right thing to do. Trust me, everything gets better when you get in college: hot chicks, life-changing projects, new social environments, as soon as you step in one everything changes: you are in a different world but only if you see it that way. I'm dying to finish highschool and join my big brother at this university in my country which is the best. Best of luck. Feel free to pm me anytime to chat about anything, about everything. Alright. Ceasin human interaction. Later

College (and a new country) will give you plenty of opportunities to make the most of it, and you will have to get some courage to take them. Be ready to make some bold moves and take risks. I have to agree with raincloud: adulthood doesn't make one's life automatically better, but it can represent tons of new opportunities you wouldn't get as a child or a teenager.

By the way, it's my dream to go to Australia for college, although my dream is far out of my league :/

Triple Bogey said:
the day when you realize that having a partner isn't such a big deal !

Amen to that...!!! And just to touch up on what others have posted, I think kids need to learn how to lose with dignity & gracefully... Not everybody is a winner... Sooner they realize that & learn how to deal with it in positive way, more well-adjusted they'll be when they get into a real life... Business world, in most part, is a cut-throat business... Somebody has to lose in order for others to gain... Somebody has to spend money for others to gain it...

Thank you for your posts.

Even if life does not get better significantly, that is okay. I always try to prepare myself for life struggles and challenges mentally. From my male aunt's past life, I realised that I have to be first mentally strong and whatever knocks me down, I ought to be able to make a right decision right away; Don't let the disappointment control myself and go astray. From my female aunt's past life, I realised that I should love the ones who love me and help them in need. Also be level-headed to avoid financial problems. From my mother's past life, I realised that I should not let my many relatives be a drag on me. Okay let's think from the positive side at this moment, Once I just start get wealthy there would 4 families and about 20 people who would look forward to me to get money. My mother dedicated all of her youth, time , savings to her brothers, sisters and their children. I could not let it happen to me so I'm always willing to live in Australia and get a permanent citizenship. Hey Australian brothers and sisters Will you accept me ?. My hobby is to read many biography. You can not always avoid making a mistake, but I would like to hear more from you life experiences so I can get wiser. I may seem like a very naive kid, but you guys have to understand that I can take a chance and make a change. More importantly take a risk to leave those jerks who think with their little head not by their big head and show them what I can do.

I hope university is going to be okay. You guys are all saying getting into a university will bring big changes. I could not wait for it. I'm so excited. Don't worry guys, I've got some general idea of what students find it challenging such as financial problem, homesickness, stress, being independent etc.

Aww. Having a partner. I will not rush into that. I just gotta keep the faith and believe the time would bring me a nice person. That is whole new thing. Teenagers of my age had already started dating and having a sex. You know what, I have even never kissed or held someone's hand. It seems to me that finding a right person can be difficult thing to do in the future. It is such a very huge topic which includes choosing right person, sexual orientation, responsibilities to take. So I gotta stop here.

Okay, I gotta hold on for a year. I'm taking a gap year to get a scholarship ( hoping I can get it ). There is no way my family could pay that very high university fees and for living cost. So What do you wanna say to me now? I want to hear from you guys so bad.

University is a wonderful place to meet friends, if not the best way to make friends. I am still in touch with people I first went to college with 18 years ago! The best friend I have ever had was someone I met my first year of university. One of the most rewarding things I did for my self-esteem and social activity was that I was a DJ on my college radio station. I met such a great group of people doing that. Yes, it was stressful and anxiety-inducing, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I don't know what your interests are, but Meetup.com is also a good way to get out there.

The stuff with your family is difficult. I don't really have any good advice about that. To be honest, I don't talk to my family at all because they were so mean to me. I'm not recommending that because my "solution" isn't right for everyone, and when I was your age I was largely dependent on my parents.

Taking a gap year is also good. What do you plan to do with it? Will you work? Volunteer? Work on yourself?

Latest posts

Back