Friends with Travel Benefits

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barky

Reaction score
Greetings!
I've posted similar in the Newbies sections but see this may be the better spot for this thread.
Traveling and dialogue regarding it have been major fascinations of mine since returning from seven months in Germany. I've connected with fellow travel seekers locally at home near Vancouver, Canada, but the hankering continues!
Anyone else feeling the same bite from travel that won't itch away? Let's talk if so! :)
Many regards,
Mike

I enjoy travelling, although I wouldn't consider myself 'well travelled'. Mostly it's because when I do have the money to go travelling, I tend to gravitate back towards the same kinds of places (Western US is my favourite). I also think that globalisation has made it too late to really experience cultures that are markedly different from my own. But I love a good change of scenery and weather.

Hi Mike
Yes, I love travel. I will be quitting my job and traveling this coming March.
i will be going to the UK and some other countries in Europe. My plans are to WWOOF. I'm especially excited about lambing (birthing baby lambs)

I hope to stay for around a year and come back for a bit and then leave again...lol I want to go to Italy and learn winemaking.

So if you travel again, will it be long term like the seven months in Germany?
Where do you want to go?

Cheers for sharing you two!

thegreyman -
I see well-traveled as embracing adventure as much as one is able to. Going afar or to exotic places isn't all that makes the trekker in my opinion.
What are your fave spots on the western part of America?
Interesting take on globalization! I've found there's still SO much to learn from others however. I'd suggest fully leaping into the unknown with your next travels. Doing so not only taught me about others, but also myself. Feel it added much to who I am! Hopefully you find similar positive experiences from the new :).

Naleena -
Pumped to hear you love traveling as well! Sounds like some super exciting plans ahead for you. And full congrats on breaking from work for it - I did the same, and it was glorious haha.
What other countries besides the UK and Italy are on your list to see?
Hopefully this isn't dumb of me, but what does WWOOF stand for? :p
I'm a big fan of animals so kudos for making time to birth lambs! Very wholesome.
I think my next trip will be a shortie. I'm back into university now and I see that being my focus for a while. Buuuuuut no promises ;).
I'm thinking Ireland is my next destination.
Interested in seeing that part of the UK? Ill only judge you slightly if not :p

I like traveling... I'd love to travel more than I do now... Of course I can't afford to travel as much as I'd like to... Been to few different countries & just about half the states here in U.S...

Latest posts

Back