Attraction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
I've been reading relationship & other threads about people wanting girl/boy friends... There's been much talk about looks & personalities about a person but I haven't seen anyone really get into what people are really attracted to... I know for some, looks really don't matter, not even on top 10 in the list of most important feature about a person... Not to sound shallow or anything but most people must have some sort of an idea what type of "look" they are attracted to... This question isn't about being shallow... Let's say a person has all the qualities that you're looking for in a person... Sense of humor, generosity, humility, etc etc... You know you're attracted to a person based on the whole package... Looks would be an icing on a cake... What type of "looks" would you be attracted to?

I personally like dark hair on a girl... If I had to pick an actress(es), someone like Charlize Theron in Aeon Flux movie or Milla Jovovich in Ultraviolet movie...

sk66rc said:
I've been reading relationship & other threads about people wanting girl/boy friends... There's been much talk about looks & personalities about a person but I haven't seen anyone really get into what people are really attracted to... I know for some, looks really don't matter, not even on top 10 in the list of most important feature about a person... Not to sound shallow or anything but most people must have some sort of an idea what type of "look" they are attracted to... This question isn't about being shallow... Let's say a person has all the qualities that you're looking for in a person... Sense of humor, generosity, humility, etc etc... You know you're attracted to a person based on the whole package... Looks would be an icing on a cake... What type of "looks" would you be attracted to?

I personally like dark hair on a girl... If I had to pick an actress(es), someone like Charlize Theron in Aeon Flux movie or Milla Jovovich in Ultraviolet movie...

all the women I have been attracted to over the years have all over looked different. Ages, hair, figure whatever. Some women I just like the look of. Sometimes it's their smile, their manner. The woman I like at the moment. She isn't that pretty. I like her because she always has a smile on her face. Looks rather shy. Never seen her with anybody else so her loneliness is attractive to me.

In general I like a woman's figure mostly.

Conventionally attractive, but in a unique way. It's hard to describe because it isn't a type. Someone with a beautiful but one of a kind face. That's different from simply attractive, because there's lots of people that are attractive. If you go to any medium to upscale bar in the downtown area, there's lots of attractive women there, sure. But they all look more or less the same. Their looks are very forgettable. I like someone whose looks are one of a kind.

Really I don't have a particular type. Every race, every country, every group of skinnies, mediums or chubbies, every colour of hair, every shade of skin, every anything that can be grouped together and compared, will have beauties. So if I were to say I like brunettes, it doesn't mean that there aren't some really attractive blondes, etc.

Having said that* in the physical sense I find my man-ovaries squeeling and my heart melting the most over those of Italian origins, also Indian and African, and I am massively attracted to a European accent. I think it's possibly because, where I live, we don't have such a blend of cultures, so they are interesting and exotic to me.

Basically as long as you're not a generic-looking clone, covered in fake tan and shitty fake designer clothes with shitty tastes in music and art with no opinions of your own then you are attractive to me. Must like sarcasm and not be easily offended. Ah, I'm venturing into personality already. It really is more important. But!

I hate celebrities. Celebrities are stupid! I don't know. 10/10's are boring to me. I need some perfect imperfections. A slightly wonky nose or cutey-pie funny smile gets me swooning a lot more than regular perfection. I need character, I like to see your personality. Perhaps unhealthy but if I see sorrow in your eyes I will fall in love with you. I don't care so much to get into the psychology of this right now, that's just the way it is.

I am turned on by natural hair colour, and big brown eyes. Wild hair.

* [video=youtube]

The first thing I always make note of is the voice. I like a calm, gentle voice.

Triple Bogey said:
sk66rc said:

all the women I have been attracted to over the years have all over looked different. Ages, hair, figure whatever. Some women I just like the look of. Sometimes it's their smile, their manner. The woman I like at the moment. She isn't that pretty. I like her because she always has a smile on her face. Looks rather shy. Never seen her with anybody else so her loneliness is attractive to me.

In general I like a woman's figure mostly.

Same here, when it comes to who I've been attracted to over the years. I really don't have certain type that I go for. Hell, of all the women I've gone out with they have been so very different - short, tall, slender or chubby...I'm not picky at all.

But I do have to admit, I do have a thing for redheads/dark auburn and dirty blondes, with fair skin :D

Combine that with a sarcastic/snarky attitude and a love for animals and movies...well, I just might be able to make some time for her ;)

JustSomeGal said:
The first thing I always make note of is the voice. I like a calm, gentle voice.

good point !

Voices are very important.

Mine is shite, horrible. Doesn't do me any favours at all.

I don't have a particular type but there are a few things that get me hot under the collar ;) ;) ;)!

I like beards quite a bit and guys that are taller than me. Nice eyes and good teeth, I'm not saying perfectly white and straight but just take care of them.
Someone that has a great sense of humour is on the top of my list, normally if a guy can make me laugh the rest just falls in to place.
I do have a penchant for white and Native American men but I wouldn't rule out other ethnicities.
Intelligence too but just don't be arrogant and condescending with it, it's awfully unbecoming :p

JustSomeGal said:
The first thing I always make note of is the voice.

^ This for me too, and the eyes.

Other than that, it's just the overall; though I am partial to the darker features and skin tone common to men of Middle Eastern, Indian, Asian, Native American, and etc. ethnicities. I'm also on the taller side and have a larger/stockier build, so I prefer men I don't dwarf.

I'm also more likely to be attracted to someone with a natural or comfortable style. E.g. dressed in comfortable clothes, hair without any goopy stuff in it, little to no jewelry, etc. Piercings especially are a major turn-off for me.

A certain physical appearance doesn't need to be there in order for me to be attracted to someone though. I need to see personality and character traits I like before my interest is piqued, such as displays of intelligence and compassion. But I know you didn't want this thread to be about personality.

Eyes are the mirror of the soul. :p Also being tall and big hands are plus. But personality is the most important thing to me. Guy can be very attractive looking but if he's boring and there's nothing to talk about, nope... I lose my interest quickly if nothing common in life. He needs to know what he wants, have some self-confidence and be positive. Body language tells a lot.

Latest posts

Back