Welcome to the future Captain

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1000lifetimes

Reaction score
It's 2014

- computers fit in your pockets and do your thinking for you
- the NSA has been put out of business by social network websites
- CNN has fired their investigative journalism team in order to cut operating costs
- gunmakers make little pink .22 cal glocks to market to little girls
- access to information is unprecedented but ignored
- 30 year old men act like 12 year old boys
- 12 year old girls act like 30 year old women
- fast food is cheap...houses are not
- banks no longer burden themselves with hiding their corruption
- people accept a lifetime of loneliness in their 20's
- men fight for the right to keep their guns, so they can defend themselves from predator drones / nuclear warheads
- 4 year olds have iPads
- people still get married when all they want is a wedding
- the world has decided it can do without humor
- natural selection has been bypassed...resulting in too many people are still alive
- 'Happy Birthday' is copyrighted
- The word 'selfie' is in the OED
- men have no idea they are relinquishing their masculinity willingly
- women have no idea what they're losing by giving up being a "housewife"
- people still have children to appease their parents need for grandchildren
- people still say 'killing the planet' when they should say 'killing ourselves'

Welcome to the future Captain - i'm sure it's all you ever hoped for :D

Cheers

painter said:
1000lifetimes said:
- 'Happy Birthday' is copyrighted
I hope they ban it next, ******* pile of honeysuckle song. :club:

It's better than the crap song we've all heard in chain restaurants:

Happy, happy birthday.
From all of us to you.
We wish it was our birthday
So we could party too.
HEY!!

Ugh.

Smile - or mask of Sanity?
Love - or something better than Loneliness?
Drinking problem - or drinking solution?
Die on the inside - or alive on the outside?
Counting up birthdays - or counting down the days?
Does technology bring us forward - or set us back?
Life...or life sentence?

A bunch of stupid questions - smart enough to ask, but too stupid to answer (to quote a certain mr. wright). I can see the whole world without getting up from my desk - in stunning high definition. The limitation is no longer the picture, but my eyes. And yet the answers to the most important questions elude us...or maybe just me...

I'd say I'm sorry for posting random stupid garbage on this website, but I've been apologizing for my nature all my life (27 years) - I'm tired of being sorry - I want to see the world in a way that doesn't make me miserable at the prospect of 'Tomorrow'. What do you do when the problem in your life is you? What do you do when you scream at the top of your lungs and ask "how do i escape this' and the only thought that echos through your tiny little mind is 'You don't...".

What can tomorrow bring that will make me forget about today? I don't know - it's not supposed to make sense, and you're not supposed to understand. But if by some miracle you do, I beg of you, don't think you're alone. I have this nightmare that all of us are miserable - and when the world ends ... and we all meet up at the pub located at 'whatever comes next' and 'the beyond'...we find out that we all were thinking and feeling the same thing the whole time...and just assumed everyone else was too stupid to understand. We all assume that 'I am the only enlightened one" and that everyone else is just a mindless naive ignorant drone - when in fact, that thought is what makes us all act like drones in the first place.

Listen to me...rambling through my fingers again. If you read all of this...I'd apologize...but...you know...

1000lifetimes said:
We all assume that 'I am the only enlightened one" ...

No we don't , where did you get that idea? The OP did kind of communicate that attitude though.

Keep Calm and Smoke Weed :cool:

It's relieving to know I'm not the only one who thinks that way :p
My solution: to hell with it, smoke some weed (I don't smoke weed since May the 31st, and before that I had only previously smoked weed on January the 3rd), listen to some reggae and forget the world :cool:

Latest posts

Back