How to avoid this kid's flirting?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Animelover10102

So there is this kid that my mom's boyfriend's mom babysits. He's around my age, and awhile back, he came to our house unnanounced, so he witnessed my wild, super Saiyan hair (as I didn't know he was coming over, so I didn't brush it...)

Well, the next day, my mom said that the kid thought I was cute. He didn't even talk to me in real life. We only said "hi" to each other, then he left.

Well...let's just say he won't leave me alone now. Back in April, he messsaged me on Facebook, when I was still in a relationship, and he wouldn't stop flirting with me. I told him "no, we can be friends." and then he went in a super depressed mood and we didn't talk since then. He asked me for my phone number, and there was no way around saying "no" so I gave it to him, and he began flirting again. I told him I won't be looking for a boyfriend for a while because I want to focus on getting good grades for High School, and getting better at Archery, but he didn't seem to understand. He got angry and stopped texting me.

What freaks me out is that he didn't ask about my boyfriend...it's like he stalked my FB page and saw that I was single again...

I don't want to be too mean, because he has a really messed up childhood and family, (he was abused), but I absolutely will not go out with someone just because I feel sorry for them and have no genuine feelings. I'm not going down that road again, since I was afraid my ex would hurt himself if we broke up. (It ended on good terms with him
, btw.)

Is he younger than you? Or is he in high school as well? Because I will have some different advice, because when I was in college a middle schooler liked me, and I'll tell you how I handled that.

Just tell him you are not interested in a relationship with him. The only thing you can do is be straight up with a guy like this, and if he is still being this way, well you tried. Since it seems like you aren't wanting to be friends with this guy aways, just cut off ties with him. Delete him off of FB. I had a dude creep on me all the time, and I finally just deleted him. If you have too block him.

I have to say if it's getting to the point where he is freaking you, and if I read it right he is slightly obsessed and won't leave you alone or shake the belief you wil lbe together then you will have to make it VERY clear otherwise things may get worse.

I appreciate your last comment, but it does him no good either obsessing over you and not moving on.

I did have the thought as you mentioned archery, try sending him an email of a picture of a kid with an arrow through his head! :p

352.jpg

Edward W said:
I have to say if it's getting to the point where he is freaking you, and if I read it right he is slightly obsessed and won't leave you alone or shake the belief you wil lbe together then you will have to make it VERY clear otherwise things may get worse.

I appreciate your last comment, but it does him no good either obsessing over you and not moving on.

I did have the thought as you mentioned archery, try sending him an email of a picture of a kid with an arrow through his head! :p

352.jpg

Haha lol

Nicolelt said:
Is he younger than you? Or is he in high school as well? Because I will have some different advice, because when I was in college a middle schooler liked me, and I'll tell you how I handled that.

Just tell him you are not interested in a relationship with him. The only thing you can do is be straight up with a guy like this, and if he is still being this way, well you tried. Since it seems like you aren't wanting to be friends with this guy aways, just cut off ties with him. Delete him off of FB. I had a dude creep on me all the time, and I finally just deleted him. If you have too block him.

I think he is a couple months older, I'm not sure.

But everytime I tell him I don't want a relationship, he gets all depressed then tries again some other time.

Tbh, relationships aren't all that great. I have a few crushes here and there like the boy I used to like back in middle school, and the kid who I see at my shooting club, (and some crushes are celebrities like Cumberbatch, Hiddleston, and Ronan Parke xD), but in reality, I feel like I'm asexual. I kind of cringe when holding hands or at the thought of kissing someone other than a family member. Or just being all lovey-dovey in general kinda makes me nervous. I was hesitant to even hold my boyfriend's hand a year back.

Don't think I could handle someone who seems a bit bi-polar. Kudos to my mom, since her boyfriend has severe mood swings. (Idk why she is still with him, she caught him browsing a MILF dating site....)

Just be honest with him and say you're not interested. If he keeps persisting just be a little more blunt and see if he gets the picture. If he gets all upset thats on him, you tried to be nice. He should learn how to take a hint. Try not to say or do anything that would give him false hope either. That may be why he is persistent.

Also cut off all ties, like someone else said above.

Outcast said:
Just be honest with him and say you're not interested. If he keeps persisting just be a little more blunt and see if he gets the picture. If he gets all upset thats on him, you tried to be nice. He should learn how to take a hint. Try not to say or do anything that would give him false hope either. That may be why he is persistent.

Sort of hard to cut off all ties when he knows where you live q-q He's already been here twice.

Nicolelt said:

This.

Animelover10102 said:
Outcast said:

Sort of hard to cut off all ties when he knows where you live q-q He's already been here twice.

He can't come to where you live and bother you! Delete him off of Facebook. If he gets obsessive, and comes to your house, tell your parents! If he still does it, you have a stalker, and you need to call the police. Seriously, don't give him an inch if he gets bad. I've had a stalker, it's awful, and it started like this, and ended with me going to court. You can PM me about it if you would like.

^That would be very serious if he bothers you at your home. Nicole's right too, if that happens and he persists and doesn't want to stop bothering you, you should involve the police in this matter. Better early than late.. which could cause a whole load of other issues.

I would like to make the point, that if you present your love life status on facebook, you have done the social/verbal equivalent of telling everyone who is your friend and has access to that information. Not to say there aren't stalkers out there, but I do believe social networking sites provide the tools neccessary to keep information from those you want it to be kept from. It's important to exercise awareness and caution when choosing what and to whom to divulge information to as far as your social life goes. If I'm some one you friended through a friend, but don't really know, and have one conversation with 2 years ago, but keep me as a friend on facebook, then you have given me the, 'privilage', of knowing whatever you put on facebook. If you didn't want me to know you hung out with Tom, your new boyfriend, at Denny's yesterday at 12PM, then you should have deleted me a long time ago.

I won't rant on that any longer, but it's something many many people learn the hard way, in varying various ways. Don't be one of those people. There are privacy controls/tools and the responsibility of keeping up with one's social life, such as clearing out your friends list regularly. Do you really want to be friends with some one who is just an aquiantance, friend of a friend you met once and didn't keep in touch with, etc.. etc..

As far as him not taking the hint, that's a pretty common situation. At it's worst, people have to request a restraining order with the courts, and the offender has to take a ride in a squad car a few times to get the hint.

In your situation, I would recommend cutting off all points of contact that you can, and make it explicitly clear you are not interested in anything romantic. Do not be cruel or mean, but be firm and clear. If and when that isn't enough, start letting him know there will be legal consequences if his behavior persists. And make sure that you follow up with that by contacting the authorities.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back