Intelligence has no place on Earth.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guardian

Reaction score
I'm 70 years old, recovering from a series of (3) heart attacks, suffering from an excruciating painful side effect of blood thinners and recently diagnosed with cancer on my left kidney. My son is under the impression that it's okay to threaten my life, steal my possessions and blames me for all the problems in his life. My daughter lives in fear with a bully ****** bag who just threw me out of their house, rendering me homeless and on the street (I was sleeping on the couch) but not before calling me a whiner for reminding them I have cancer and am ill and laughing at me when I lost my breath during a heated emotional exchange. It was also implied I am a coward for not physically attacking my son. All taking place in front of my grandson. Hence I say:

Hi all-Ain't life grand!:)

I remain hopeful that i can find housing and practice my art after years of slaving for the man. anyway, maybe i can help someone here deal with their tsuris and get my mind off the precieved injustice i find in my life.

Oh wow. I am so sorry for what life has thrown at you.
Welcome to the forum :)

I'm amazed someone in your position can "look on the bright side", for most people it's too difficult to see through the honeysuckle.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome guys. It's hard for me to see through the crap too 9006. I'm heartbroken as well as without a home right now. That complicates and sharpens the fear i'm feeling also. There are not many options for seniors on fixed incomes in my area. I may have to move to another state just to afford housing, food and other necessities. And a move that strenuous in my present health is daunting. I'm a lone wolf by nature and would be one by choice if not by nature so times like these can be as exciting as intimidating. It's good i stumbled in here...i feel kinship already.
Maybe my experience can help another errant traveler.

ERRANT:
archaicliterary
traveling in search of adventure.
"that same lady errant"
synonyms: traveling, wandering, itinerant, roaming, roving, voyaging More
antonyms: sedentary

guardian said:
I'm 70 years old, recovering from a series of (3) heart attacks, suffering from an excruciating painful side effect of blood thinners and recently diagnosed with cancer on my left kidney. My son is under the impression that it's okay to threaten my life, steal my possessions and blames me for all the problems in his life. My daughter lives in fear with a bully ****** bag who just threw me out of their house, rendering me homeless and on the street (I was sleeping on the couch) but not before calling me a whiner for reminding them I have cancer and am ill and laughing at me when I lost my breath during a heated emotional exchange. It was also implied I am a coward for not physically attacking my son. All taking place in front of my grandson. Hence I say:

Hi all-Ain't life grand!:)

I remain hopeful that i can find housing and practice my art after years of slaving for the man. anyway, maybe i can help someone here deal with their tsuris and get my mind off the precieved injustice i find in my life.

Sorry to hear that. It's nice that you can still keep a somewhat positive attitude while all this is going on.

Personally, I find that the fact that things like this can happen is what makes life great. Otherwise it would be boring, and the good things would lose their value.

It is probably hard to take care of your situation yourself since your 70 years old, but is it possible that you could improve your situation with the help of someone else? Friends? Family? The police? I can't really offer advice, since I don't know the specific circumstances of your situation.

Where are you currently living?

Hi crux- i was impressed by your introductory post, you seem well beyond your years in wisdom with a clear vision of how this world is built, i imagine you will develop into a well adjusted individual. I am staying on an old friend's couch now, most of my friends are dead or wrestling in their own throws of anguish: it seems to be the lot of creative types from my generation. We have no voice anymore. Family seems afraid to face my situation, they have always shied away from the elephant in the room.
Even contact with social services while still hospitalized proved fruitless and all i was able to do was get on the few open waiting lists for senior housing= 2-3 years. It really is a cold jungle American society has created for the unfortunate older member. But the old adage "it's not how many times you fall down but how many times you get up" that keeps me going. That and a belief my destiny holds a revelation or something still to be discovered.
-Peace

Welcome to the forum, guardian. I am so impressed with how you're dealing with this. Kudos to you on that. I really hope that you can find something to help you get on right now. You are inspirational. Thank you for your positivity. Also, good luck. Let us know how you're getting along. :)

Appreciate all the beauty of life and flush everything else.
Saddened to hear that, wish you the best.
Welcome aboard

Welcome and pleasure to meet you, I hope a gentleman like yourself is amongst kinder company nowadays, I'm glad you can look on the brighter side of life :)

Latest posts

Back