In Person

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any members here actually met up in real life... I've read few people actually got together as a couple after being on here... But I'm not talking about romantic relationship wise, just a friendly get together & started hanging out or something... And if that's the case, how's the relationship, or friendship I guess, so far? Something that lasted or still going or something new & not sure yet or anything? Or even a horror story?

I've met someone here - Edward W! :D he's one of my best friends in my life. Awesome person online, even more awesomer person in real life, with a beautiful wife and daughter whom I've met as well. We are still very good friends out of the forum and still consistently keep in touch. He got me to try some really awesome fish and chips also.

I've also met another person from here which I won't talk about because you're focusing more on friendships right. :p

I met a very nice lady from here before too, she was awesome, but some things happened and I guess some friendships are not meant to be so I'm no longer in contact with her. It was nice while it lasted.

So far no horror stories from the friends I've made and met. I guess you just have to really know the person you're communicating with and be sure of things before you meet them in person. I'd still love to meet other friends I've made from here, given the chance. Sucks that everyone is so far dispersed from one another.

ladyforsaken said:
I've met someone here - Edward W! :D he's one of my best friends in my life. Awesome person online, even more awesomer person in real life, with a beautiful wife and daughter whom I've met as well. We are still very good friends out of the forum and still consistently keep in touch. He got me to try some really awesome fish and chips also.

:D Indeed!! And for the record Lady F is awesome too!! :p

I wish I could do a World tour and come and meet some of you.

ladyforsaken said:
Triple Bogey said:
best not to mention any horror stories because it could offend

Unless those people are no longer on the forum? Or unnamed.

I'm not trying to put anyone on the spot... I was just curious... Also that way, may be we know what to look for, or avoid in this case...

i am curious about a few people. I would like to meet them for a coffee. Mainly to see if I could get along with them. I still think some people on here are way too hard on themselves.

I've not met anyone from this forum, but then I'm not really close to anyone here. I have met people from other Internet places that have nothing to do with loneliness and they've all been fine. I'm still friends with one guy who I met in February 2005 and we talk quite often.

I also got married to someone off the internet - it didn't last as long as the friendship :p

Latest posts

Back