I think I've sorted out my problem...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

thelonegamer

I've never had friends my age or younger than me, of course I did but I'm talking about the teen years. I've always been around 18 year olds since I was 12. I've never dated anyone younger than me prior to my actual 17 year old girlfriend, they have always been two years or more older than me. When I was 9, I had this brazillian girl who was 24 at the time proposing to me. I still have a hard time remembering about that.
Point is, everything has its pros and cons. Where I was being naturally more mature than other kids my age, I was always in need of social approval. And that still affects me now.
I'm always talking about how I don't give a fresia if someone doesn't like me or approve me, I'm always talking about how I don't need anyone's approval, and I really don't need. But still, I do. It's a gramatical difference when I say that I don't need but I need.
I don't need it, but I want it. Therefore I need it. Something like that.
I guess that is the root of all my problems.
I had a relatively early life. Mostly because of my older brother, he used to take me to his parties and honeysuckle when I was 12 and he 15. So I hanged out with his friends as well, who were 18 at the time, now 23 or something. And I know all of them, because of my bro. There is this one guy, he's like the awesomest guy of the group, the one who has all the latest trending movies, music, games, that kind of guy who thinks he's awesome. Then there's my brother, who's like the hottest property and the smartes guy in school of the group. Then there are the awesome guy's best friend, my brother's best friend. Then there are the regular people. And then there's me. That's kinda the social hierarchy. My bro and the awesome dude are like Real Madrid and Barcelona, but they are also great friends. And then there's me. So, my brother left in 2011 and then there was just me in town. I just faded, couldn't keep integrating in that group, which is the best group of social people of the town. I just wanted them to kinda approve me, you know, to acknowledge how cool I am or something.
They all like me. They all say on how I'm a much cooler guy than my bro (which is not a lie but not completely true, just that I'm as awesome as he is but on a different way), that they would love to hang out with me anytime. Then I keep expectations and get heart broken when they ignore me and I feel like I was wrong, that it's not my social group, which I crave it was.
There are no other group of people where I fit in except of that one, the other groups are just retards. We're like the pinnacle of the society. They're*.
I just need to be a part of that group, to live that awesome Project-X like parties, or American-Pie-like. That's what they do and they just kinda push me away and I retreat to my comfort zone.
Nothing makes sense anymore. Sometimes I'm feeling completely good with myself, because something good went my way. Other times I'm feeling completely lost, like now. My life's a mess.
Any tips?

Latest posts

Back