Skype Group Chat

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyforsaken

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Littlesecret and I were having a chat and realised that we both have a problem with the forum chat. We have nothing against it whatsoever, we love the idea but it's quite limited in some ways for some of us.

I always have issues with timezones on it.. I get on there and it doesn't get as hyped as some people say it would I guess because the peak hours on it are usually my wee hours at night when I'm asleep.

As for Littlesecret, she has limited means of access to it, the devices she has can't load flash so the chat room won't load for her.

I did think about this before but considering the time and response, I wasn't sure that it would've worked out. And I wasn't feeling very confident so I didn't really explore with that idea lol. But now I think if there's both of us around, and both of us having Skype on our phones too, it makes it a lot easier to monitor the chat as well.

So here we are, we're gonna give this a shot and see what you guys think and if anyone would be interested to join in the chat. We love meeting new people and would love for more interaction with other members on the forum.

So, what do you guys think? Anyone interested to join in so we can get started with it? :)

We have one going! We currently have 22 people in it.. If you're interested I can add you into our skype group. Just PM me your username? :D

HGwells said:
We have one going! We currently have 22 people in it.. If you're interested I can add you into our skype group. Just PM me your username? :D

I'll PM you :D

It's a trap!

No, it's a good group, typically there is someone on there willing to talk.

:)

Aye, the existing skype group is awesome. Quite some people on it from different timezones, too. :)

I do remember the old chat sessions we used to have so sign me up :).

NightHawkJohn said:
I do remember the old chat sessions we used to have so sign me up :).
WallflowerGirl83 said:
Count me in! Pretty, Pretty please!!!! =D

I think you guys would have to PM HGwells with your skype username to be added - I had some technical difficulties in joining the group chat (I kinda gave up lol - I've always despised Skype because of how it never works well for me.... or maybe any chat systems just hate me :O ). Also, I think I lack the time to engage in proper chats so I might try again next time when I am more available.

It was a nice experience at least. Thank you, HGwells. <3

I have had problems with skype the same, i had the previous group saved in my contacts then it just disappeared so i know where you are coming from :).

I sent a PM so all should be good :).

This sounds like a good idea. :) Too bad that I'm probably too shy... :shy: Do you guys interact with videos too and microphone or just with the regular chat?

lonelyfairy said:
This sounds like a good idea. :) Too bad that I'm probably too shy... :shy: Do you guys interact with videos too and microphone or just with the regular chat?

There's calls and plenty of people who just listen and type. :)

JustSomeGal said:
lonelyfairy said:

Okey. :) I may join... someday. :D

JustSomeGal said:

I always feel like a massive creep when others are doing mic things and I'm not. Though it is hard to do many things these days without feeling like a creep.

I used to go onto my guild's teamspeak sometimes in the game I used to play, I was very reluctant to at first and it scared the crap outta me but it was exciting and fun and also nice to be a part of something.

Perhaps I'll check this out sometime, but I'll need a couple of beers and a Valium first :club:

painter said:
JustSomeGal said:

I always feel like a massive creep when others are doing mic things and I'm not. Though it is hard to do many things these days without feeling like a creep.

I used to go onto my guild's teamspeak sometimes in the game I used to play, I was very reluctant to at first and it scared the crap outta me but it was exciting and fun and also nice to be a part of something.

Perhaps I'll check this out sometime, but I'll need a couple of beers and a Valium first :club:

I don't even join the calls. I just make random comments. How creepy does that make me? :club:

johnny196775 said:
Is this a webcam thing?

Some people go on webcam. Some just talk on mic. Some just listen/watch and type. And some just type to each other randomly.

I like just being part of the group and being able to say hi to everyone when I'm around.

So you just google skypes latest version and download it i guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back