Childhood games

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

thelonegamer

What are the videogames that marked your childhood?
Me: SSX3, Hitman Contracts, Ratchet & Clank (all three. my all time favourite), Champions of Norrath, among a few others.
Anyone relate?

thelonegamer said:
What are the videogames that marked your childhood?
Me: SSX3, Hitman Contracts, Ratchet & Clank (all three. my all time favourite), Champions of Norrath, among a few others.
Anyone relate?

Ratchet and Clank rocks! Ahem, not exactly the 'games of my childhood', haha...but they are still great games. Speaking of Ratchet, I am also reminded of Jak & Daxter - remember them?

As far as actual childhood memories go, I would say Galaga, Dungeons & Dragons and good 'ol Pacman - all played in an actual arcade.....and a fair chunk of time on school hours. :p

Nah, can't relate. Only Ratchet and Clank. I can't wait to play it again, though they might erase those good memories I have.
Some things are better left in your mind : /

"As far as actual childhood memories go, I would say Galaga, Dungeons & Dragons and good 'ol Pacman - all played in an actual arcade.....and a fair chunk of time on school hours."

Absolutely, some of the best times of my childhood. Nothing like walking into an arcade and having a symphony of sound fill your ears...sounds of the video games, quarters or game tokens falling into the catch cup, someone yelling "f***!!" because they lost their last man, usually followed by the thud of a kick or two into the game cabinet.

Oh, how I miss hearing "Prepare to qualify", "Intruder alert", Mario's footsteps in Donkey Kong, "waka, waka, waka..." and the missiles fired in Galaxian...and that's just scratching the surface. Good times, indeed.

Me and my brother had these hand held football or baseball games. it was the mid 70s. Very primitive. then atari came out. Video games werent very important to me.

LOL...I still have about seven or eight of those handheld sports games. Football was my favorite and I loved watching one dot being chased by several other dots.

beautiful loser said:
LOL...I still have about seven or eight of those handheld sports games. Football was my favorite and I loved watching one dot being chased by several other dots.
haha. thats funny. A dot chasing a dot. that was intertainment.

Childhood? Pong. Rally X. Space Invaders. Galaga. Pac Man. Pac Land. Gauntlet, Wonderboy and my all time favourite arcade machine: Kung Fu Master! All of them played in a proper arcade with my pocket full of 10 pence pieces.

As if my 40th birthday wasn't enough to make me feel old today... :D

I played a lot of Star Wars games like X-Wing, TIE Fighter, and Dark Forces 1 and 2, and Racer. Also some strategy games like Starcraft and Age of Empires. And I also played Claw. It was a really neat sidescroller where you played as a cat pirate captain looking for his lost ship, crew, and of course, gold. You had to run around through the level collecting different kinds of gold pieces, weapons like dynamite, flintlock pistol ammo, and magic. You could also find powerups for your sword like fire, ice, and lightning, which shot out blasts from your regular sword and let you save ammo from your other ranged weapons. And catnip made you leap extra for short periods of time. You'd have to watch out for spike pits and climb walls and swing across ropes, watching out for various animal bad guys like bomb-throwing pirate mice, crossbow-shooting fox thieves, wolf guardsmen, and random seagulls and at the end of some levels, you had to fight bosses that were pretty hard, actually. They had really beefed-up weapons and at least one had magic as well. I get a kick out of anthropomorphic animal stories, I just like that style. It was great fun.

[video=youtube]

Crash Bandicoot! I remember how sad I was when finally achieved the top level and then I forgot to save. >_<

I was really into NES games and SNES games. My favorites were Startropics, Adventure Island, Super Mario Bros, Duck Tales, Rad Racer, Golgo 13, Deja Vu, Skate or Die, Nobunaga's Ambition, Earthbound, Shadowrun, Pilotwings, F-Zero, Harvest Moon, Sim City.

I also really liked Infocom text adventures like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Deadline, and Cutthroats.

"I was really into NES games and SNES games. My favorites were Startropics, Adventure Island, Super Mario Bros, Duck Tales, Rad Racer, Golgo 13, Deja Vu, Skate or Die, Nobunaga's Ambition, Earthbound, Shadowrun, Pilotwings, F-Zero, Harvest Moon, Sim City."

Bring back a lot of memories, as both systems were two of my all-time favorites systems...still have both in my collection. Some of the best times I had was playing Super Mario Kart with a buddy of mine. Mario Kart + beer + obscenities = good times :)

I would have to say Space Invaders, when I fist saw this game as a kid and put my first quarter in I was hooked on video games for years to come.

Space-Invaders-cabinato1.jpg

Most games when Nintendo shined back in the 80-90s, back when I had my NES, SNES and Gameboy

Croc was my first PC game and I never get tired of it even if I play it right now.

DariusArgent said:
Most games when Nintendo shined back in the 80-90s, back when I had my NES, SNES and Gameboy

Croc was my first PC game and I never get tired of it even if I play it right now.

I remember playing Banjo-Kazooie as my childhood game. Someone I knew had Croc 2. When he showed me it, I thought they were the same game! :p

Latest posts

Back