Dating Question for Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonT

Reaction score
This is a question for women in their 20's really. That is the age range I'm looking for. Would you think a man who didn't drink was boring to go out with? I don't do drugs any more and drink causes migraines for me. What would we do for a night out without pubbing or clubbing? Although I'm quite happy going clubbing, just wouldn't be drinking. I feel a bit boring not drinking. I'm not boring, just my lifestyle is.

There are lots of things you can do. Get coffee or go for a walk. Those are a few of my favorite first dates or dates in general. I do like to go to bars, but I am at the point in my life where aren't my thing anymore. I don't think drinking is a factor when it comes to me dating a guy or not. I rather date a guy that doesn't drink than be an alcoholic.

I don't drink and I prefer to be with someone who doesn't drink either.

Nah. In fact, I think it's fairly easy (not 20 yet but...). Take her to other places with fun activities: museums, planetariums, cinema, etc, etc, etc. In my opinion, those are far more interesting than clubbing and pubbing. Or if you must go to clubs or pubs, make sure is with a group of her friends or your friends, so the focus isn't much on drinking but on socializing.

Oh not at all. In fact, I hate going out to drink and would actually prefer a guy who didn't like to go clubbing. I do occasionally like to drink at home with friends, but would be fine if a guy I was with didn't like to drink at all. As for what we would do instead, others have already mentioned quite a few options. I'd also be just fine with staying in with Netflix :D

Not boring at all that you don't drink or anything like that. You can just have soda or any other nice drinks. There are women in this age range who won't mind this at all. If you prefer a good time, maybe find someone who matches this trait about yourself. You can do all the things you do in a club, just without the alcohol. It's good.

SimonT said:
This is a question for women in their 20's really. That is the age range I'm looking for. Would you think a man who didn't drink was boring to go out with? I don't do drugs any more and drink causes migraines for me. What would we do for a night out without pubbing or clubbing? Although I'm quite happy going clubbing, just wouldn't be drinking. I feel a bit boring not drinking. I'm not boring, just my lifestyle is.

I always have gone to karaoke. Yes i am older and drink a little. However, it didn't and still doesn't matter about drinking. Live theater , lectures, art museum are all cool places no drinking happens. An old fashioned drive by a like is still in vogue.

Solivagant said:
I don't drink and I prefer to be with someone who doesn't drink either.

Same with me. Once in every three blue moons, I would drink. I wouldn't find a guy who didn't drink or smoke or do any drugs unappealing. In fact, that's what I prefer and what I have.

I actually didn't notice how "partial" I was to drinking until I met and lived with my ex. I've never seen any man drink as much as he did...every night. I actually used to hate him for it because it seemed like an addiction...it was something he needed to have every day. I've since lost interest in men like him. I don't mind a drink from time to time. When I'm in the mood ill grab an apple ale eating out or a sweet wine to wind down but it's always been once in a while. I think I'd get turned off if my partner did it more than that.

fresia Dude, I'm 47, drink very rarely, and I'm a blast, doesn't matter where I go. Boring is a choice, up to you to change it.

WildernessWildChild said:
fresia Dude, I'm 47, drink very rarely, and I'm a blast, doesn't matter where I go. Boring is a choice, up to you to change it.

:D I am too old to have an opinion on this ;) but I think that people who think people who don't drink are boring, ARE conventional and boring, and I did think the same when I was 19

If drinking is or not drinking is a deal breaker then she's not for you anyway. So who cares if she thinks you are boring. I have had some crazy times drinking but my best times are always alcohol and drug free.
If alcohol is that important then I would see that as a red flag. Speaking from life experiences. I'm older but more than an occasional drink would not be something I want or need long term.

Latest posts

Back