Request for account deletion

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

My War

Didn't know where else to put this, I just had a check to see if I could delete my account myself and doesn't seem to allow that.

I was told about this site by a member I have chatted to outside this forum so I joined up to check it out.

Although I have read some good posts here I have also encountered some people who go out of their way to be offended even when there is nothing of offence said.

Given this site is supposed to be for people who suffer different problems and issues etc I feel that having members who enjoy taking offence and making fuss over comments is in my opinion detrimental to the idea of a forum such as this which is supposed to be safe place to talk about topics and feelings that may not be possible to talk about elsewhere.

I'm not interested in fighting people, I'm not interested in taking honeysuckle either, please delete my account.

Hey, sorry to hear you don't much like it here. It's not for everyone that's for sure. I've noticed a trend in forums/communities that centre around thoughts/feelings/mental health issues, and that is (quite obviously) that they attract, well, a lot of people full of said issues, both in the regular users and also the moderators. It can be a really dangerous situation, I think. While it can help some people, it can also seriously damage others who are mistreated or unwelcomed. Seems to happen a lot more when the forum isn't run by people impartial to the theme.

You are not the first to realise this isn't the right place for them and you wont be the last. Many people get banned. Honestly I think this forum would die pretty quickly if loneliness wasn't such a massive issue for us. As it is, new people sign up pretty frequently. Out with the old in with the new. Unless you are almost stubbornly non confrontational/controversial.

There are reasons people are lonely. Some have anxiety, some are too busy, some are trapped doing whatever it is they're doing. And some go out of their way to be offended even when there is nothing of offence said. I wouldn't want to hang out with those people irl either :D

Well, take care anyway.

Sorry to see you feeling like this. If you're still set on going, I wish you all the best, hope you will feel better. *hugs*

Yep PM'd a Mod, I don't need Members making vague and snide remarks to my posts without ever explaining what they meant, this site isn't for me.

My War said:
Yep PM'd a Mod, I don't need Members making vague and snide remarks to my posts without ever explaining what they meant, this site isn't for me.

Sorry that happened to you. Sometimes that happens, but there are several positives here as well.

My War, why don't you just stay and consider it a challenge? A growth experience.

Why not? I wish you would.

The author Richard Bach said: "We are all learners, doers, teachers."
I really believe this about life. We teach others as much as they teach us. And Ralph Waldo Emerson said: "Every man is my superior in that I can learn from him."

We all have something to learn from each other. Come on, stay!

Latest posts

Back