Started a new meetup group...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zed

Reaction score
I celebrated the 1st day of summer by making good on my promise to start a meetup group aimed primarily at asexuals, celibates, virgins, and other types who've been shamed by the Propaganda Machine.

I did so partly for myself---I'm very choosy and I know what I'm looking for in a woman---but mostly I did it because I got tired of seeing so many "I'm so lonely, boo hoo" posts on an asexuality forum I've belonged to for a few years.

I knew before I started the group that the dynamics would be different from all the run-of-the-mill singles groups, where the men compete for the attention of a limited number of women... but I know from attending prior meetups that the reverse holds true for asexual and celibate meetups, where you'll always, always end up with more women attending.

As a man, I know firsthand that shame is a big factor in keeping many asexual and celibate men in the closet... that's one way in which the dynamic is different. Another is the lopsided ratio of women to men... this puts the women in the awkward position of having to compete against each other as they pursue the men---the exact opposite of what our culture teaches them to do. Am I reading too much into this? Maybe, but as a host I understand the need to be prepared to help my guests deal with these eventualities.

Anyhow, for better or worse, about a dozen people have joined, so it's up to me to be a good host. I'd like to put on costume parties and potlucks for them in their quest to meet that special someone... at meetups where they can feel like they're in their element and shame isn't invited to the party. :D

Blarg! Lots of single women competing for the attention of a limited number of men?? I would totally go to this if it weren't about an asexual or celibate meetup.

I need to figure out a way to apply your principle to..... anything that isn't that. Not that I don't support what you are doing mind you, I just need to figure out how to replicate your success to the not so celibate end of the spectrum.

Limlim said:
Blarg! Lots of single women competing for the attention of a limited number of men?? I would totally go to this if it weren't about an asexual or celibate meetup.

I need to figure out a way to apply your principle to..... anything that isn't that. Not that I don't support what you are doing mind you, I just need to figure out how to replicate your success to the not so celibate end of the spectrum.

If only.

It's a catch-22... you'd either need to figure out how to make women hornier overall, or be satisfied with an alternative like a Fleshlight or a Realdoll.

This is interesting. I had to google all this for more info. I've heard of asexual but never knew too much about it.
Anyways, good luck with your new meetup group.

Hornier women? That asymmetrical sex drive does seem to be the cause of this issue. Someone really messed up when creating our species.

Then again if they did match then our current overpopulation problem would probably be increased tenfold. Maybe less horny men would work? Hell I'd certainly get a lot more work done that way...

Limlim said:
Yeah I never really understood that. Sluts make people happy!

Well, I have my own theory for that... Mother Nature was actually quite brilliant when she decided to wire cavemen's brains to get a pleasure hit every time a caveman had sex. With saber tooth tigers and cave bears running around and eating most of our babies, we humans needed a way to out-breed the munching jaws of oblivion. What better way to ensure lots of babies than to make it pleasurable to make them?

Except that Mother Nature didn't plan on us moving out of caves and inventing antibiotics, which caused infant mortality to drop like a ton of bricks... now we can't turn it off, and TBH most of us don't want to. :(

For virgins, too? I'd go, but I'd hate to be the only one with a normal sex drive, haha. My luck is, I'd be "the" virgin and everybody else would just be celibate or asexual.

Latest posts

Back