Your Worst Scare

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthie

Reaction score
Have you ever had something extremely scary happen to you, or have you ever been majorly startled by something?

This hardly qualifies as a real scary one, but once I was at a friend's house and saw an old movie: 'Happy Birthday to Me'. I had to drive home alone, it was late at night, and I had to drive down a few long, dark, empty side roads to get there. With my overly-active imagination, I was so afraid something was going to pop up in the rear view mirror and i kept remembering those scary faces in that movie. Lol, I was a nervous wreck and didn't sleep at all that night.

What are some scary things that have happened to you?

I get startle on a daily basis. And over dumb stuff. Like the other day, I shut a sock in my bathroom door, and I turned around and saw it and jumped because I didn't know what it was. And I was driving between two fields last week and a baby deer came running out of one in front of my truck and scared the living daylights out of me.

I know just what you mean, Nicole. The deer would have startled me too.

I visited one of my old teachers at my college last week to get a reference for a job interview I was going on. While I was there I was walking down the sidewalk, I heard some rustling inside a trashcan I was about to walk by, an sure enough the moment I get one foot away a squirrel flew out an about made me honeysuckle my pants. True story, who knows what that thing was even doing in there. Probably waiting in ambush, luckily nobody saw :O

Not my worst scare but a funny one.

I won't talk about my WORST scare, but my second worst would probably be when I was giving birth to my second son and his heart rate started dropping and they told me they were going to call in the c-section team. Thankfully, everything was fine and he was born 15 minutes later, without the c-section team needed.

"Did you get it yet?"

"No. I don't understand, it's usually like clockwork."

"..."

I also can't tell the worst one, but the second worst one was when I lost my wallet, or maybe it was stolen, in a main train station and I walked into the police post to ask what I had to do, and there were a group of four crazy "policemen" (they need brackets but they had uniforms and grades) who threatened me of jail and finally pushed me around, dragged me around by the hair (3 years of neck pains) because I made the move of leaving, and finally let me call my family to whom I asked for a lawyer, at that point they let me go. I run to the other kind of police (kind of city service), known to be nicer, to denounce the events, and we went back to the first police post but they all had left.
As you can imagine I tend to avoid police since (I was 26 when this happened) and if I have to talk to any of them I feel extremely uncomfortable.

ROTFL, Outcast! Oh, that is great! :D Wish I could have been there to see it! Thank you for a big smile today!

Callie, that would have been a very frightening 15 minutes! Thank goodness things got under control again and you didn't have to have the c-section. Whew!

Sorry you had to breathe that stuff, Johnny. I would have been terrified. Hope all is ok now.

Painter's Radio, emails, mail, etc? Oh yes.

Oh Peaches, that is just past awful. You went to these people for help and they assaulted you!
It would be very difficult for me to trust another person in uniform again (who I didn't know) if I'd gone through something like that. After reading your post, I will be more aware and less trusting than I used to be, that is for certain. That is terrifying, and I am so very sorry that you ever had to go through something so horrible and wrong. ((((hugs)))) It can be hard to recover from a trauma like that, even years later. You are such a courageous, brave person--and they were horrible people.
In retrospect, could you recall any indications as you approached them (that you wouldn't have been looking for at the time since you obviously couldn't know what they were about to do) that might be red flags to you now? Such as, were they maybe acting weird, giving you peculiar looks or acting out of decorum for their positions? Peaches, just so sorry that happened to you. ((((hugs))))

well, from what they said they used to be part of the special police deployed for public manifestations like sit ins etc (it was in the years of the Seattle movement) and at the time there was a very right wing government who gave the police total freedom to act without responsibility and as a consequence many innocent kids were beaten up and several killed, so I guess I was just so lucky to meet some of those guys after they had been reintegrated into normal service. They were totally weird since the first moment, but mainly because they were so aggressive and violent, but no, unfortunately they were "real" police, much evil in the world even without going to North Korea and such.

Yes, you are so lucky they didn't hurt you worse, given the circumstances and their pasts and what they (or others with similar backgrounds) had done to others! But what they did was totally horrendous. So sorry you had years of neck pains, too, plus the emotional trauma of all that. I don't blame you one bit for tending to avoid the police now. Anyone would certainly feel that way. Thank goodness it's behind you, except for the awful memory. <3

Ruthie said:
ROTFL, Outcast! Oh, that is great! :D Wish I could have been there to see it! Thank you for a big smile today!

You're welcome haha :). Im glad I made someone smile.

I was a little drunk and ran across a street and hit a car that was moving about 45mph. freaked me out and half way home i couldnt walk very well. I had to get a caste put on the next morning.

falling off my bike and banging my head on the road. Thought I was okay and then all this blood just squirted on the road, a huge amount of it.
Needed a few stiches.

I feel off a cliff twice. Not very far up cliffs luckily.

i had a painting fall on me as a child while sleeping and i had to be rushed off to get stitches.

literally losing my mind & spirit roughly 17 months ago

My step-father appearing at my door at 5 o'clock in the morning, telling me my mum had had a major heart attack and was in ICU. (She is alive and well today, and the heart attack scared her enough to quit smoking. She probably wouldn't be alive today if she hadn't.)

ucxb said:
literally losing my mind & spirit roughly 17 months ago

^ I've been there... :(

Peaches said:
As you can imagine I tend to avoid police since (I was 26 when this happened) and if I have to talk to any of them I feel extremely uncomfortable.

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. I also have been mistreated by police after going to them for help, and know others who have been as well. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them, and now avoid them as much as possible.

Nearly getting T-boned in my car by a oncoming bus. I was driving a rear wheel drive vehicle with no limited slip on wet roads with bald tires.

I've seen some other strange honeysuckle, nothing quite scared me out of my flesh quite like that.

Latest posts

Back