friends - people similar or different?

• Thread starter silver birch leaves
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

silver birch leaves

How much do you have in common with them? Do you normally share hobbies, interests, the way you see the world? What does make you stick together? What's the most important in your friendship/s? Does it happen that you disagree on something? If yes, does it bother you and how you deal with it?

A lot of questions, I know, but I don't seem to be able to find answers by myself

In my case, my friend are diametrically (hope that means what I think it means) different.
What I have common with them were usually schools in the past, or similar friends. They do not share the same view on world as I do. Not many similar interests if any. When I disagree with them, I either voice my disagreement, or I just respect their opinion, as I know that the way I see things are often uncommon, meaning, I respect their view, even if I disagree. This may be only in my case, but I see them living in a different world from the one I live in.
And what is important? The friendship itself. Being sure that there are there when you need it, and it goes both directions.

Hope I answered appropriately:)

What I generally think about friendship, is that its not limited really. It does not matter how different one is from the other, or how similar. The cherry of friendship may blossom everywhere.

silver birch leaves said:
How much do you have in common with them? Do you normally share hobbies, interests, the way you see the world?
Depends on the friend. Some I have a lot in common with, others I don't really have much of anything in common with.

What does make you stick together? What's the most important in your friendship/s?

Most of my friends and I have been through stuff together. That stuff varies with each friend, but it's usually something significant enough to form a strong bond.
Trust and honesty, as well as being there for each other is important to me.

Does it happen that you disagree on something? If yes, does it bother you and how you deal with it?

LOL, yes, I have disagreements with the majority of my friends. It doesn't bother me because everyone has different views on things. As long as there are no insults or anything like that, it's fine and when the argument is over, all is well. Mainly, it's important to remember that sometimes you just have to agree to disagree on some things.
Most of my friends have very strong opinions about things and I also think it's important to not step over certain lines with some people. That's one reason I have such a diverse set of friends. I can talk to different friends about different things without stepping on anyone's toes or causing arguments with anyone.

I can make friends of many types. There are those who are great to just hang out with and talk about whatever, there are those who can offer me intelectual challenge, those that I have several things in common... My hobbies are very unusual for people of my age around here, so when I had friends, they were basically just fun to be around, regardless of either we agreed or disagreed on things. But I never stuck around...

There's always a reason to keep things going. Be it a common interest, shared experience or just the good ol' affinity.

Latest posts

Back