Finally posting

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdLight

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

So after making an account here back in January I've finally decided to post for the first time with an introduction thread here. I found this forum through a google search during a time of extreme loneliness, but despite that only created an account and "chickened out" so to speak, in actually posting here. So now I'm back months later and I'm still just as lonely as before and I feel like I can't put off posting here any longer.

Right now I don't have any friends, not in real life and not online either. While I've had friends in real life before I've actually never had a friend online, like ever. Which is pretty strange when I think about it considering how I've spent so much of my life browsing the internet and looking at forums and message boards. But the way it always goes is that I'll post just a handful of times on a message board and lose interest or get discouraged and then don't post there anymore. So because of that I just don't have and never had any online friends.

And you know, I want friends, doesn't matter where I just want someone to talk to because the loneliness is unbearable sometimes. But I don't know where to start in real life so I thought maybe I should start here, so here I am posting. And yeah I'm just going to post this now because I've been looking at it and editing it for far too long and I'm afraid if I think about it too much I'll delete the whole thing and start over again. So here we go.

I am glad you decided to post. Welcome.

Thank you very much everyone for the welcomes.

Any suggestions on where I should post next? There are quite a lot of sub forums on here and I'm not sure of a good place to start after this.

---> "Right now I don't have any friends, not in real life and not online either."

I'm in the same boat, ColdLight. Welcome to the forum; glad you joined!

Hey ColdLight, welcome to the forum. Hope you can make some new friends here. :)

Hi and welcome!

I'm glad that you posted. I'm fairly new here, trying to make some friends and have found the chat room is nice. Everyone seems to be very nice and easy going, though it can be quite at times. I don't know what to suggest of where to post next, as I'm new and learning my way around...lol.

:club:
ColdLight said:
Hello everyone.

So after making an account here back in January I've finally decided to post for the first time with an introduction thread here. I found this forum through a google search during a time of extreme loneliness, but despite that only created an account and "chickened out" so to speak, in actually posting here. So now I'm back months later and I'm still just as lonely as before and I feel like I can't put off posting here any longer.

Right now I don't have any friends, not in real life and not online either. While I've had friends in real life before I've actually never had a friend online, like ever. Which is pretty strange when I think about it considering how I've spent so much of my life browsing the internet and looking at forums and message boards. But the way it always goes is that I'll post just a handful of times on a message board and lose interest or get discouraged and then don't post there anymore. So because of that I just don't have and never had any online friends.

And you know, I want friends, doesn't matter where I just want someone to talk to because the loneliness is unbearable sometimes. But I don't know where to start in real life so I thought maybe I should start here, so here I am posting. And yeah I'm just going to post this now because I've been looking at it and editing it for far too long and I'm afraid if I think about it too much I'll delete the whole thing and start over again. So here we go.

I'm new here too. It's good of you to put a post finally. I'm sure you'll get replies.

Welcome coldlight, this is my first post. I too have no friends.

I think you should first start with the people you know or your former friends. Maybe they might want to talk, maybe not.

It didn't work for me, but it might for you, I wouldn't rule it out.

Latest posts

Back