30 Minutes of Perfect Happiness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthie

Reaction score
What would happen if just for half an hour we lived in our mind the way we WANT our lives to be? (within reason, of course)

Wherever we physically find ourselves at this moment (if we're in a house, a shed, a job, our room, just wherever we physically are) - - - suddenly our lives are now PERFECT. Exactly as we want them ! ! ! And they will continue to be for 30 minutes. We are HAPPY. We have everything we want and need.

OMG! I wonder how we'd feel? All the things we've been worrying about are gone, we have everything we really want to be peaceful, fulfilled, satisfied and happy ! ! !

We're happy in our own skins, our family is great, old misunderstandings, occurrences and regrets that used to cause us immense pain, grief and sadness are all gone, we have a perfect job, great friends, just everything in our lives EXACTLY as we WANT it! It's as if we entered another dimension!

I'm going to try it for 30 minutes and report back. It will take a little mental discipline to do this, because negatives will of course try to creep in, but here goes! Wow ! ! !

Brb!

Time is now 10:35 a.m. in the heart of England.

Ok, here is what I experienced, you guys!

It was fantastic!

I have to tell you, it was great! During 30 minutes, about 3 formerly powerful negatives kept trying to creep in, but I immediately dismissed them and kept reminding myself that everything was perfect in my life!

I felt more relaxed and in control. It was amazing.

My mood definitely lifted! And it is a cloudy, grey day here where I am - you know, the depressing type, not the exciting sky that occurs just before a storm!

I think I'll try for an hour tomorrow. But I did love the way I was starting to feel!

I'd eat an entire chocolate cake with filling and frosting, and then very reasonably rob a bank. :p

Yay! I'm happy you had a positive experience about it. Hope it continues to work out for you. :D

i am going to take this as advice. Thank you very much. Your awesome. :)

I'm with you on the chocolate cake, Ymir!

Yes, Ladyforsaken, it was fascinating yet eerie that after the first 10 minutes, for the very briefest while, I had psyched myself into really feeling as though everything really were just as I wanted it in my life. I don't think many people even bother to take the time to imagine how they'd feel if they truly had things the way they want them in their lives!

It was really an astounding experience to have about 20 uninterrupted minutes of being in a self-induced matrix where everything was as I wanted it.

I was alone today, and thought: 'Ok, everything in my life is perfect. My friends are at their jobs, I have the day off, everything is right with my world.' It was truly cool.

I realise we couldn't live like that for long as it's not reality, nor would we want to, but the potential alone that the mind has for a change in one's mood and state of being is incredible.

Ymir, maybe we could picture 'eating with our minds' that chocolate cake and delving into fully imagining how we'd feel after a great feast on the stuff. We'd start out really excited -- anticipating it, then savouring the actual taste, then reaching the full state, then maybe feeling bloated -- wishing we'd never done it. In reality, of course, we'd be so relieved we'd just "eaten with our minds" and hadn't put an actual cake or any calories (especially in the forms of fat and sugar) into our bodies.

Johnny, thank you; and so are you!! It was just an uncanny experiment and I couldn't believe how much I loved the result! It has a lot of potential.

Is it anything like daydreaming about good stuff that you'd love to happen in your life? If so, I can totally get you cos I daydream a lot. :p

Yes, Ladyforsaken, exactly! It is all that - plus! - it's carried "a step further" in that you let go and actually *feel* in your mind that these things you want and need have already happened and are in your current reality. Eerie but fun!

For example, say, someone wishes they drove a Bentley and they really own a bucket of bolts. lol. As they sit at their computer or wherever they are, they carry on as though their Bentley really is parked outside. It's just really an incredible experience. No one needs to know about it but them.

That's why I said it is a little eerie, but fun! You really have to make the effort to relax and let yourself go to carry it a step further from the pleasant daydream aspect into the 'hey, I really am this and have this!' aspect.

In your mind, you have and are whatever you want and need. The possibilities are limitless. For me it will become a fun thing to do sometimes. (Yes, my vintage Mercedes is parked in the drive right now. LOL)

Wow seems like you'd really have to get into it to feel it huh. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime, since I already got the first step mastered (the daydreaming)!

Latest posts

Back