Hearing impairment

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know sign language? Being deaf or hearing impaired does not mean you have to be alone. There are deaf/hearing impaired communities all over. All you have to do is find one.

Personally, I feel that if you are saying that is why you are lonely, you are just using it as an excuse so you don't have to do anything for whatever reason. Now, don't get me wrong, I feel that way about most of the reasons people give for being lonely. No, I'm not saying the reasons are easy to overcome, but they are excuses all the same. If one is determined, there is no limit to what a person can do.

TheRealCallie said:
Do you know sign language? Being deaf or hearing impaired does not mean you have to be alone. There are deaf/hearing impaired communities all over. All you have to do is find one.

Personally, I feel that if you are saying that is why you are lonely, you are just using it as an excuse so you don't have to do anything for whatever reason. Now, don't get me wrong, I feel that way about most of the reasons people give for being lonely. No, I'm not saying the reasons are easy to overcome, but they are excuses all the same. If one is determined, there is no limit to what a person can do.
Thank you for your response TRC :) I'll have to try to be more specific: Do you suffer from fluctuating deaf because of industrial injury that you will never be able to prove? Do you suffer from hyperacusis. In short: were you once able to communicate with people but because of industrial injury to your hearing, are you finding yourself isolated? Are you finding it hard to communicate and thus: suffering loneliness? Perhaps you don't suffer with the aforementioned exactly, but are you suffering loneliness because of hearing impairment ?

thenameIwanthasgone said:
Thank you for your response TRC :) I'll have to try to be more specific: Do you suffer from fluctuating deaf because of industrial injury that you will never be able to prove? Do you suffer from hyperacusis. In short: were you once able to communicate with people but because of industrial injury to your hearing, are you finding yourself isolated? Are you finding it hard to communicate and thus: suffering loneliness? Perhaps you don't suffer with the aforementioned exactly, but are you suffering loneliness because of hearing impairment ?

No, I have no hearing problems at all, but the situation you are in and the fact that I do not having hearing issues does not change what I said.
It doesn't matter if you were born deaf or became deaf later or if you are only partially deaf. There is still a large community out there for people who have trouble hearing or can't hear at all. You are never too old to learn and sign language could help you immensely. If you were to take that step and integrate yourself into the hearing impaired community, you would not be so lonely.

Thank you TLC for your company. Obviously the answer to my question (so far) is: No. But at least here a deaf person can communicate in writing, which diminishes the loneliness.

Hello and Welcome to the Forum! =)
Hope you enjoy your time on here.

TheRealCallie said:
Why exactly does it matter if people can hear or not on a forum where you don't actually have to hear anything anyway?

Okay: forget the hearing problem. Anyone here with a vegan disability?

Latest posts

Back