I know its not true but it feels true

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seekingpeace

Reaction score
I have very low self esteem, most times I feel like I contribute nothing to society. As a person I have no friendships so that makes me feel like I really am just a negative force in the grand scheme of things. Even though I am lonely and have these negative views of myself, I still know that I am intelligent, I know in the right situation I can be a good person. At these moments I recognize my positive traits but mostly during my depression they get overshadowed by my negative thoughts. If I could find a way to stay positive and project my best self that would be nice but when i get anxious and depressed I can only see the bad side of me.

seekingpeace said:
... but when i get anxious and depressed I can only see the bad side of me.

Seems pretty typical. You see a number of mini-rants, for the lack of a better word, when people are at a low point. If it is at all possible, i too would like to know how to stay positive.

*hugs seekingpeace*

You are an awesome guy! Everyone has something to contribute to the world, and I'm sure you're find out your place sometime. Try getting involved in some volenter work, it will help you feel better about yourself and it will give you a chance to meet some new people

just keep telling yoourself you are awesome!

:D

seekingpeace said:
I have very low self esteem, most times I feel like I contribute nothing to society. As a person I have no friendships so that makes me feel like I really am just a negative force in the grand scheme of things. Even though I am lonely and have these negative views of myself, I still know that I am intelligent, I know in the right situation I can be a good person. At these moments I recognize my positive traits but mostly during my depression they get overshadowed by my negative thoughts. If I could find a way to stay positive and project my best self that would be nice but when i get anxious and depressed I can only see the bad side of me.

OK, first of all, who says that we have to "contribute to society"? Heck, these days, just being agreeable and not killing or abusing anyone IS contributing! With so many others doing so many rotten things to people, just being neutral is a good thing these days, so no reason to feel bad about yourself. Having said that, if it would make you feel better, then you should try to find something that is worthwhile to make your contribution. I think that most everyone, when they get depressed or down, tend to see only the worst. That's the way being depressed works. And I dont know about you, but ANYONE who can stay positive 100% of the time, scares the living honeysuckle out of me! :p It just isn't natural, lol.
And no one says that we have to live up to our full potential either. Sure, it makes us feel like we've accomplished something great. But, it doesn't make us BAD, just because we slack off from the moral high ground occasionally. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that it's OK not to constantly be on the lookout for ways to "contribute." Just live your life the best way you can. Life is hard for most everyone. Help when you can and don't sweat it when you can't. As long as you're more hit, than, miss, you're doing fine.

(((hugs))))

Eve

EveWasFramed said:
And I dont know about you, but ANYONE who can stay positive 100% of the time, scares the living honeysuckle out of me! :p It just isn't natural, lol.

I am immediately distrustful of anyone that never bitches about anything. I generally find them to be in a severe form of denial.

Don't get me wrong, I like seeing people happy...however too much happy just makes you look crazy. :)

JustLost said:
EveWasFramed said:
And I dont know about you, but ANYONE who can stay positive 100% of the time, scares the living honeysuckle out of me! :p It just isn't natural, lol.

I am immediately distrustful of anyone that never bitches about anything. I generally find them to be in a severe form of denial.

Don't get me wrong, I like seeing people happy...however too much happy just makes you look crazy. :)

LOL

This is true. Its not normal to be happy all of the time.

seekingpeace, Are you on antidepressants? I know lots of ppl don't like them. But if your feeling this bad then I would say anything is worth a try. Go see your doctor and tell him/her how your feeling if you have not all ready. This is what they are there for.

I know when I get down I can be the most depressing person ever and not very much fun to be with at all. But for all my bad points I do feel that my good points make up for it by moor then enough :)

Latest posts

Back