Feeling dangerously close to feeling good about yourself? Try online dating.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac779

Reaction score
Yes, this post is definitely for the purpose of feeling sorry for myself and honestly I just have no one or any other place to vent.

Decided to reactivate an old dating profile after two years. I finally felt like I was in a good enough place that I could try meeting women on there, or at least make a couple of new chat buddies. I admit it. I keep my expectations low.

In the past 72 hours I have been rejected for the following reasons.

I'm: too bald, too short (I'm 5'9"), have imperfect teeth, don't have a car, don't have a degree (never been out or work for longer than three weeks and have my own apt but whatever), not a sports fan, too straight edge, and too Puerto Rican.

Reactivating that profile was seriously the worst thing I could have done. If you ever want to feel like you don't measure up in any way then that's definitely the way to go.

Ok. End of pity party. Just had to get it out.

insomniac779 said:
I'm: too bald, too short (I'm 5'9"), have imperfect teeth, don't have a car, don't have a degree (never been out or work for longer than three weeks and have my own apt but whatever), not a sports fan, too straight edge, and too Puerto Rican.

How do you know you were rejected for these precise reasons?

The usual rule of thumb is, if someone doesn't want to talk to you or doesn't like you, then that's as far as it goes... you don't get to ask why. You just get to speculate.

1. 5'9 and too short??? How tall are these women? I am just over 5' and and, to me, 5' 9 is really tall.
2. You don't have a car-would you want someone who would reject you for such a silly and pathetic reason? I never even ask if a man has a car as it is irrelevant.
3. Not a sports fan-many women, including me, would love you for this-no more being dragged to football matches, no more endless cricket/horse racing/etc on TV to put up with for months on end.
4. No degree-many people do not have a degree.
5. Too Puerto Rican-this weeds out bigots and racists from getting in touch with you. You are better off without such people.
6. Imperfect teeth-move to the UK as you would fit in well over here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back