Can anyone else here honestly say that they don't have a single friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kxty33

Reaction score
...online or otherwise? I can't even remember the last time I actually "hung out" with a friend. Can you...???

Solitary Wanderer...in spite of your world-weariness (which may or may not devolve into full-fledged anomie), I find that hard to believe.

I have single friends and married friends. Not sure what their marital status has to do with it, but I'm hanging out with a few of them tomorrow.

(This is Captain Literal speaking, and I approve of this message.)

I have 1, maybe 2 friends. That's it.
One of the friends is trying to bring me into his group, which I greatly appreciate.

About this time last year, I could honestly say that I had no friends. At best, you could say I had a few work friends but no one to hang out with outside of work.

Well, I have "friends" from real life and some people I like to talk to on the internet but none of them are actually close. I'm really just too tired and busy to maintain intimate relationships.

I can honestly say I have zero friends. And I also cannot remember the last time I have hung out with a friend. BUT...my husband is my best friend, so I guess I am lucky that way in that I get to see him daily. But it can get lonely to not have friends outside the home in which to do things with.😰

I don't have any friends to hang out with. The last time I 'hanged out' with anyone was in 1996.

I have what you could call 'work friends' but I don't have any friends when it comes to a social life.

Willowrain said:
I can honestly say I have zero friends. And I also cannot remember the last time I have hung out with a friend. BUT...my husband is my best friend, so I guess I am lucky that way in that I get to see him daily. But it can get lonely to not have friends outside the home in which to do things with.😰

Willowrain - Your post was as if I typed it myself. I'm right there w/ya. My hubby is my best friend & my closest confindante. I have been friends w/some girls for 10+ yrs, but as time goes by, the contact fades more and more w/them. Out of those 8, I only talk to 3 on a regular basis. I hate that bc I feel with social media there's no excuse to touch base more often. Sometimes I think its true when people say they get wrapped up in their lives. However, when you end up running into people that constantly say that....and they're having "girls day" w/others, you start to think, "ok, you're not too wrapped up to do things w/others....just me apparently."

It just makes you want to cherish the close friendships you DO have and forget the rest.

angel_in_view said:
Willowrain said:

Willowrain - Your post was as if I typed it myself. I'm right there w/ya. My hubby is my best friend & my closest confindante. I have been friends w/some girls for 10+ yrs, but as time goes by, the contact fades more and more w/them. Out of those 8, I only talk to 3 on a regular basis. I hate that bc I feel with social media there's no excuse to touch base more often. Sometimes I think its true when people say they get wrapped up in their lives. However, when you end up running into people that constantly say that....and they're having "girls day" w/others, you start to think, "ok, you're not too wrapped up to do things w/others....just me apparently."

It just makes you want to cherish the close friendships you DO have and forget the rest.

It can be the same for me. Although I do not have any friends outside the home, I do have 4 sisters, and to constantly hear them doing things with eachother such as "doing lunch", going shopping and taking trips with eachother all the while not bothering to ask me...it does kind of hurt. And I don't want to just inject myself into their good time because if they wanted me there, they would have invited me to begin with, right? But such is life I guess. :p

Willowrain said:

Same here. Aside from my husband, I have zero friends. Not even an Internet friend. It's nice to find a place where I can admit that without feeling shame. Feels like a Zero Friends Anonymous meeting . . hello, my name is Shaye, and I have zero friends. :)

Shaye said:
Same here. Aside from my husband, I have zero friends. Not even an Internet friend. It's nice to find a place where I can admit that without feeling shame. Feels like a Zero Friends Anonymous meeting . . hello, my name is Shaye, and I have zero friends. :)

Hi Shaye, welcome to the forum. I really like your username. :)

Hope you'll be able to find some people you can connect with on her and make friends. Good luck.

I, too, have zero friends. It doesn't really bother me all that much, surprisingly. Most people I've met I just didn't like, and some were complete (insert derogatory term here). I just don't get along with the media-obsessed, gossiping masses that surround me.

I'm not trying to be offensive or imply that everyone is like this; it's just kinda how I feel. Sorry about that.

I don't have any real life friends. I cut all my friends out of my life because they were toxic and manipulative. It's better to be alone than to be with people who are controlling, abusive, and hell bent on keeping you stupid so that they can keep exploiting you.

Then again, after I realized that I was around vampires my entire life - the root cause being my parents being emotional vampires as well - I began focusing on my career quite heavily so that I can move out.

That's my excuse for a lack of a social life, if I even needed one to begin with.

I rang a counselling service the other day and I was a little slow to start with what my problem was, anyway the counselor thought she would break the ice by asking me who the most important people are in my life, who my best friend is. I have no one, I knew that anyway but having someone ask me and not being able to answer easily was really confronting and depressing.

I hung up the phone and didn't even bother talking about what my problem was, luckily I have a black sense of humour and found it amusing that the counselor made me feel worse than before I picked up the phone!

So to answer the question, I can honestly say I don't have any actual friends. People I work with, people I can chat to, but no actual friends that I hang out with etc.

I have zero friends. The only people left in my life are my parents, my sister, and brother in law.

Back in the days when you are around so many other young people (college, etc.) I averaged around 5 friends or so.

Latest posts

Back