Let me introduce myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowrain

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Kristy, and I am the mother of 4 boys ages 17,15,13 and 10. Their Dad says he always wanted a football team...well he got part of one!
Life was plretty normal for me. I worked a full time job, went out with friends etc. I knew I had MS but it had not progressed to the point of where it had affected my walking or ability to live a normal every day life. I THOUGHT I had good friends...
My multiple sclerosis started progressing and slowly friends started walking away from me, never to be heard from again. Then I felt like I was being tased in my face! Turns out I have Trigeminal Neuralgia (they think from my MS progression). Well, now all of my friends are gone and I have only my husband and sons. And they really are great with me and very understanding, but they are guys, and it just isn't the same as having a woman friend (sorry guys but its true) And due to the excruciating pains in my face, I am no longer leaving the house, and have developed somewhat of a phobia of leaving the house and interacting with new people. I dont really talk to anyone outside of my house except my Dad who calls to see if I am able to handle my pain that day, or do I need to go into the emergency room. Granted I cant talk due to the pain in my face, but we could text with each other, but nobody wants to. Anyway, right now I am just wanting people to talk to. Would love to find friends to text with...just ordinary day to day things. No love stuff, no kissy face mew mew mew stuff, Im just looking for friends to talk with :) Anyway, sorry this got so long, I guess I just wanted everyone to know what the extent of my monkey nutness was before they decided to interact with me:p

Hi Kristy, welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear about what you've been going through, it must be hard - I can totally understand how a physical health issue can lead to loneliness. It's nice when you can actually talk to someone about stuff, be it the health/medical aspect, how it's affecting you etc and just about anything random. And nothing can really beat "girl talk" so feel free to PM me if you wish. Otherwise, I do hope you'll find what you're looking for here. :)

Welcome to the forum! If you want people to talk to, we have a live chat. Since you can type, maybe it would be a good thing for you!

That is a very cool username- has an almost soothing quality to it.

Hi Kristy, welcome to ALL.

I'm sorry to hear about all life has thrown at you. I can't say I can relate personally, but my mom has MS. Though, not as severe as yours.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I like a little monkey nutness. :)

Willowrain said:
Hello! My name is Kristy, and I am the mother of 4 boys ages 17,15,13 and 10. Their Dad says he always wanted a football team...well he got part of one!
Life was plretty normal for me. I worked a full time job, went out with friends etc. I knew I had MS but it had not progressed to the point of where it had affected my walking or ability to live a normal every day life. I THOUGHT I had good friends...
My multiple sclerosis started progressing and slowly friends started walking away from me, never to be heard from again. Then I felt like I was being tased in my face! Turns out I have Trigeminal Neuralgia (they think from my MS progression). Well, now all of my friends are gone and I have only my husband and sons. And they really are great with me and very understanding, but they are guys, and it just isn't the same as having a woman friend (sorry guys but its true) And due to the excruciating pains in my face, I am no longer leaving the house, and have developed somewhat of a phobia of leaving the house and interacting with new people. I dont really talk to anyone outside of my house except my Dad who calls to see if I am able to handle my pain that day, or do I need to go into the emergency room. Granted I cant talk due to the pain in my face, but we could text with each other, but nobody wants to. Anyway, right now I am just wanting people to talk to. Would love to find friends to text with...just ordinary day to day things. No love stuff, no kissy face mew mew mew stuff, Im just looking for friends to talk with :) Anyway, sorry this got so long, I guess I just wanted everyone to know what the extent of my monkey nutness was before they decided to interact with me:p

Hi Kristy,
I have been my wife's caretaker for 10 years....fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue celiac and a stroke.  I might make a good friend, though I am a man. Tom

Latest posts

Back