Self Esteem has gone M.I.A.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The (boring) lectures of Nathaniel Branden on self-esteem are the LAST thing that anyone feeling despondent and worthless should be listening to.

LordofLosers said:
this post is almost a year old and nothing has changed... not because i havent tried to change, its because SOCIETY is full of shallow people and IM FORCED to be alone... so dont preach to me about changing, cause its bullshit...
I'm interested in hearing the things you've tried. It's been about a year, so what have you done this year to change?

Not that I don't believe you, but are you here looking for help or just to get attention? If you want help then people need to know what you're doing to help yourself, or else how can they give you advice?
And if you're just seeking attention then obviously the problem is right there...

LordofLosers said:
this post is almost a year old and nothing has changed... not because i havent tried to change, its because SOCIETY is full of shallow people and IM FORCED to be alone... so dont preach to me about changing, cause its bullshit...

It's not about changing who you are, it's about changing your perception. That is not bullshit. Society is not full of shallow people, that's just who you focus on.

I think you're looking at things wrong. There are others who are in just as bad a situation as you or worse and that includes women. So there's always the chance you could meet someone who is in a slightly different but similar situation.

Have you tried making any changes to make your life more like you want it?

Hey, I am here to invite you all to know my new project about self-esteem! I will teach you tips to overcome low self-esteem, anxiety and stress by meditation trainings and great articles too!
So don't miss this opportunity, subscribe on spam and receive it daily :)

Husgen

LordofLosers said:

Hey mate. Gonna number my points to make them clearer.

1. Why did you pick LordofLosers as your username?

For me that's pretty telling of your "MIA" self-esteem.

If you see yourself as a loser, everyone else will be happy to make that assumption too. And it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. So don't label yourself a loser and invite others to do the same.

2. Being proactive in trying to improve your situation is not "bullshit".

You're 40, single, have a disability, live at home, and you feel like a dateless loser? Okay, so you're in a crap place right now, probably have been for a while, but f*** that.

You still wake up every day. You still have the ability to consciously choose what you want to do with your life, how you want to think about things every day.

Do you want to wake up at 70 and realise you've done nothing to help your situation? That you've just kind of stagnated in your own pity?

Kick the drugs. Kick the drink. Take every step you can to do that, if you haven't already. Don't think "Oh man, everything sucks and it's society's fault so I'm just going to complain." think "I hate living like this and I'm going to f***ing change it."

I don't know what disability you have, but make the most of what you've got. Build on what you've got. Work out what you want from life.

That's my advice to you, good luck :)

I am sorry you feel so bad about life. You have a lot of negative issues going on and I suggest you seek therapy as there are plenty of people who can help.

Latest posts

Back