Nickname creating problems?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After my troubled end at school, I ended up at a college. I also didn't do well there because it wad full of people I knew and they made me do course that I didn't apply for nor did I really want to do.

After I was kicked out of that college, I found myself a new college. One where I didn't know anyone and one that would put me on a course that I really wanted to do.

I ended up doing a Games Development course as well as a couple of computer based courses.

During my first couple of months there I didn't really speak and I didn't make friends. Instead I just did the work. I did however realize that people would talk about that "Creepy guy in the corner" Me.

As time passed, I began to talk and make few friends and I eventually told them about how I ended up there.

My troubled past came out and I ended up with the Nickname Stabby (Stabbie)

This went around the whole college and instantly people were scared of me. It became a huge problem because now I didn't have any friends and the girl that would always talk and wanna see me, started to avoid me.

I finished college Three weeks ago with the highest grade In all of my classes.

I just wanted friends. I just wanted someone to Care.

I'm not even a scary guy. I'm 6'0 and scrawny. Just with that nickname people think different of me.

PieBeNice said:
Why did you stab for?

I was defending a girl.

It was a saturday night a few years ago. She was out and drunk in town and I was just out for a walk. her ex and his friend start bullying her and hit her. I saw and ran over to them. Punched one, Got punched back, her ex pulled a knife, I got it off him and stabbed him.

hey Pergolas. Welcome to ALL.
It's true that people get pretty judgmental and harsh.. Try to learn how to counter their view about you, and more importantly stay yourself. You did what seemed right to you, and if someone prefers to remember only that you stabbed a guy, and not WHY you did it, then it's their problem, not yours.

Thank you for your advice and wise words. I've moved passed it all myself but I still feel as though people keep judging me. Now I spent my time away from all those who aren't friends.

Stabbie... Catchy nickname... Better than being called poncho & I'm not even Mexican... Well, there was that incident with a Mexican guy that I ended up with that nickname but, well, moving on...

I think you've made a right choice when you said you're spending time away from those who aren't your friends...

Latest posts

Back