I got me a crush (long story)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
Actually, maybe I don't in the proper use of the word but... here is the story. For about 5 years I took a train line day in, day out. There were always conductors (about 25 or so over several trains) but I noticed one. He wasn't like the others. EVERY single day he got the tickets. Every single day he did his job. Never looked for any short cuts. Never played favorites among the regular passengers. If I was going to guess I would say he was a robot. Over time I came to admire this... and for a while wanted to compliment him to his superiors but I didn't know his name. This curiosity kind of made me think about him more. But still he came and went with what he was assigned on the various lines.

I always felt like there was some sort of weird fate bringing us together. Many times I would end up in his car when I didn't mean to or I would bump into him in the station or I would notice he was behind me. Now, please do not think he has a crush on me. I doubt he even notices who I am.

But one day, I got on his train and I didn't know it. It was the middle of the day and after a particularly bad night where some scary guy hit on me in another context... some guy was hitting on me on this train. I had my eyes closed like - why me- and when I opened them he was standing there. I just gave him my ticket and didn't think anything of it... until he went right down to that guy (the car was empty) and told him to turn around, get his feet off the seat and shut up. OMG!! Yes that happened.

But ever since that time I was determined to get more info. I did find out he was married so ... there was that... but we kept running into each other if I tried to take another train or move to another car. Basically, I can't believe I am admitting this... I moved my house (in part just to get a break from this). I moved to a completely different train line. I knew it was possible that he could end up on my line but i figured, what are the chances?

Today I found out. A mere 2 months after moving he was on my train line. Now of course I know... that could have happened anyway. But I can't believe how hearing his voice kind of sent me from relaxed and happy to anxious and thinking about how odd he would end up on my train again -- AND the car I was in -- just two months after moving.

Blurg. It bothers me so much... there is a part of me that just can't believe it and wants to believe there has to be something to it, but there is another part of me that says ... you just notice him more because you like him. True but, when he wasn't on my train line I pretty much forgot he existed for 2 months. It bothers me!!

Wow. Very interesting story. I'm not one to believe in things like fate, so I can't help you there. But I will say something very practical.

No matter why he suddenly showed up on your train line, the fact remains that he's married.

I know this is the last part of your story that thrills or excites you, but it's the one you gotta keep repeating to yourself. "He's married. He's married. He's married." Make it a mantra every time you see him, and maybe his image in your mind will be reduced to that of the "robotic" ticket taker occasionally crossing your path.

It's too bad he's married, though. :(

sounds like destiny to me, or a really stubborn chance, and I would totally spend the time having a chat with him. Perhaps in spite of his thoroughness and kindness you will find him completely boring and uninteresting, and all the excitement is now because of this curious accident(s), that drapes everything with romanticism, but unless you talk to him you will never know.

For Case: in exceptional cases marriages do break, and some other relationships are meant to be, the key thing is to let it happen by itself and not become the "other one", which hardly ever brings to marriage anyway.

Again, unless you know him better there is no way of knowing. Maybe his breath smells or he has weird hair coming out of his ears that you can't see from afar.

It is just so hard to talk to him though. I mean, well, we do talk. He takes my ticket and we have our 5 seconds of, what is the next stop. But I can't figure out a way to break though and have a conversation. It just isn't appropriate. One of things I do like about him is that when other passengers try to strike up a conversation, he won't go for it. He is there to do a job... that is it. I can't see a way to have a conversation without coming off like a nut case. He is never not polite but he just answers the question and moves on.

True story. Yesterday I took the 5 PM train and I sat in the middle car. Tonight, I took the 5:30 train and so expected not to see him. I even sat in the end car for good measure.. yes... he was the conductor. I just don't see anyway he or I could have rigged that. The conductors are on the train before they call it.

Latest posts

Back