This guy is tearing our family apart

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Animelover10102

Remember my post about my mother choosing bad men, and how her newest one didn't sound so bad?

Well, after returning from camp, everything seemed to go down hill while we were gone. My mom's boyfriend apparently went to see another woman while she was working, yet they are still together. (She's doing it to get back at him. Idk why she just can't leave him without all this childish drama)

The other day, her boyfriend parked his motorcycle on the sidewalk. Yes. The sidewalk. He rode over the curb like a maniac and just park in the middle of the sidewalk. Then everyone in the house got accused of letting the air out of his tire when he knows tons of people walk on those sidewalks. There TONS of mischievous kids in this town, and it wouldn't surprise me if one of them did it. But I think the way he rode of the curb did something to it, but just wanted to start drama between the family, because he feeds off of drama. He's a drama queen.

Today, everything blew up. My grandpa (as usual) threatened to kill himself. Idk why. It was random.
Both he and my grandma ganged up on my mom, (mostly my grandpa) and made her cry. She is already stressed enough with how much she works, and he doesn't even care. She works 7 P.M to 2 A.M and it takes her about 45 min. to get home. Then my grandpa sped off in his car like a maniac.

I don't like seeing my mom cry. Afterwards, she hugged me tightly and was crying on my shoulder because she is so stressed.

This single man is screwing everything up. He screwed my mom up. He is tearing this family apart. He is the reason she doesn't have any money, because he has no job, and doesn't even make an effort to get one.

Everyone in the family hates him.

I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. Oh my, I wish I could offer you some excellent advice. I hope someone else will have some ideas, but meanwhile just want to say how sorry I am it's like this at the moment.
In your mom's case, sometimes it's so hard for a woman to end a relationship, sometimes just out of familiarity with the man, even though it's become an unhappy relationship. Sometimes the woman still holds out hope that the man will somehow change and things will get better.
Just keep yourself safe, and keep an eye on your family around that man, which I'm sure you already do as much as you can.
And at the same time, remember that you can't be responsible for your family's choices. People do what they want. But - that said - I know if it were me, I'd be taking my mother aside and saying: "Hey, you may think you love this man, but look what he's doing to you and to all of us! What is he contributing to your life that's positive, really?" It might help make her start realising she doesn't need all this.
Hoping things get better in the situation very soon! (((hugs)))

Ruthie said:
I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. Oh my, I wish I could offer you some excellent advice. I hope someone else will have some ideas, but meanwhile just want to say how sorry I am it's like this at the moment.
In your mom's case, sometimes it's so hard for a woman to end a relationship, sometimes just out of familiarity with the man, even though it's become an unhappy relationship. Sometimes the woman still holds out hope that the man will somehow change and things will get better.
Just keep yourself safe, and keep an eye on your family around that man, which I'm sure you already do as much as you can.
And at the same time, remember that you can't be responsible for your family's choices. People do what they want. But - that said - I know if it were me, I'd be taking my mother aside and saying: "Hey, you may think you love this man, but look what he's doing to you and to all of us! What is he contributing to your life that's positive, really?" It might help make her start realising she doesn't need all this.
Hoping things get better in the situation very soon! (((hugs)))

Thanks. But the thing is, we've already talked to her about how this relationship is unhealthy for her, and how he isn't contributing to anything. He's a freeloader. Its basically the same thing that has happened in her past 3 relationships. I don't know why she gravitates towards men who aren't good when the man who truly loves her, and would do anything for her, has been by her side since they met decades ago. He even said how much he loves her to our grandparents. I can tell that he is devoted to her. He even spent his check on her to fix her car tires and cleaned her car without her asking.

Her current boyfriend can't do crap other than put her in danger. He doesn't appreciate her like the other guy does. Its sad to see her friend stand by and have his heartbroken because she is with some idiotic *********.

Latest posts

Back