How do you all deal with Anger?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have slept it off, for now. Sleep seems to work, as does hard physical activity. I would also imagine having money would help, I imagine it's hard to be angry when one has their life under control and a good pathway is starting to become clear.

It would also help if I knew I could make more money than those I hate. So at least I'd have the satisfaction of kicking their ass at something important, if I can't kick their ass physically. But unfortunately when I'm angry, focus, logic, and intelligent, clear thinking are the first things to go.

I just get so tired of being pushed around by life and having it constantly take from me. I want to push back some way, I want to learn to take from it for a change.

TheSkaFish said:
I seem to have slept it off, for now. Sleep seems to work, as does hard physical activity. I would also imagine having money would help, I imagine it's hard to be angry when one has their life under control and a good pathway is starting to become clear.

So, for you, money would equal happiness? Because I've been broke as a joke before and even more so happy than when I did have a bit of money.

No worries, guys. Pie and I aren't arguing, merely discussing. And it won't get personal.

PieBeNice said:
TheRealCallie said:
PieBeNice said:
TheRealCallie said:
PieBeNice said:

No u

No. Not at all.

The part where you said how only you can make yourself angry is wrong. It's involuntary. Some people can be right silly people and make you angry. Also, anger makes everything better. It means you can deliver righteous justice to wrongdoers.

No, YOU choose how you react to something someone says or does. You do NOT have to get angry, it is NOT involuntary.
Take someone who wants to punch a monitor because some troll is annoying them. Most people would not want to punch a monitor (because that would be silly), but some people choose to let unharmful trolling make them angry. That is not involuntary.
It's the same with people talking honeysuckle about you. It can only hurt if you ALLOW it to hurt you.

I meant anger as in the emotion thingy that you feel regardless of your actions. I think you mean anger as in displaying anger and I agree with what you're saying for that. We're using hte word for two separate things. However instead of saying this I shall do teh standard ALL thing of being anti-social and I shall cause an argument whenever there's a disagreement over something.

You're wrong and you're also a silly.

No, I'm talking about both the emotion thingy AND displaying it. I mean, yeah, there are times you will get angry, but it's generally covering up another emotion, such as fear or rejection or sadness. Anger is easier to deal with than those feelings, so it's easier to take yourself there than have to deal with the other emotions.
You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. Don't get me wrong, there is a right time for anger, but the anger I believe the OP is referring to is completely unwarranted and unnecessary.

VanillaCreme said:
So, for you, money would equal happiness? Because I've been broke as a joke before and even more so happy than when I did have a bit of money.

Not necessarily. I always say that money alone doesn't buy happiness, but it does eliminate most of life's bullshit.

But then again, I won't truly know until I have some. I've been broke for a while now and can only imagine it's a different state of mind. It allows you to not have to look at life from a place of desperation but rather, strength. I imagine it eliminates a lot of stressors which cause anyone to get angry.

Also, I have a little bit of a competitive streak. Sometimes I just want to have fun but sometimes I want to win. It would help me knowing that there's at least one meaningful domain where I can beat the bastards. Someplace where they can be as "cool" and "hard" as they want but they aren't going to take from me this time, because it's my house.

TheSkaFish said:
It allows you to not have to look at life from a place of desperation but rather, strength. I imagine it eliminates a lot of stressors which cause anyone to get angry.

Tis true. Money doesn't buy you happiness, but it does give you security.

jjessea said:
TheSkaFish said:
It allows you to not have to look at life from a place of desperation but rather, strength. I imagine it eliminates a lot of stressors which cause anyone to get angry.

Tis true. Money doesn't buy you happiness, but it does give you security.

Yea. This is kind of getting off of my own topic but it's true. I mean, we have to look at the ways that rich people and poor people talk and act. With rich people, everything's fine. You have the space and time to say, on to the next big thing. You have the breathing room to really think about where you are and where you want to go. With poor people, you're constantly putting out fires, or trying to plug up holes in the ship. The sky is always falling. It's no wonder that rich people tend to be healthier and tend not to do things that wind them up in jail or a psych ward.

TheRealCallie said:
No worries, guys. Pie and I aren't arguing, merely discussing. And it won't get personal.

PieBeNice said:
TheRealCallie said:
PieBeNice said:
TheRealCallie said:

No. Not at all.

The part where you said how only you can make yourself angry is wrong. It's involuntary. Some people can be right silly people and make you angry. Also, anger makes everything better. It means you can deliver righteous justice to wrongdoers.

No, YOU choose how you react to something someone says or does. You do NOT have to get angry, it is NOT involuntary.
Take someone who wants to punch a monitor because some troll is annoying them. Most people would not want to punch a monitor (because that would be silly), but some people choose to let unharmful trolling make them angry. That is not involuntary.
It's the same with people talking honeysuckle about you. It can only hurt if you ALLOW it to hurt you.

I meant anger as in the emotion thingy that you feel regardless of your actions. I think you mean anger as in displaying anger and I agree with what you're saying for that. We're using hte word for two separate things. However instead of saying this I shall do teh standard ALL thing of being anti-social and I shall cause an argument whenever there's a disagreement over something.

You're wrong and you're also a silly.

No, I'm talking about both the emotion thingy AND displaying it. I mean, yeah, there are times you will get angry, but it's generally covering up another emotion, such as fear or rejection or sadness. Anger is easier to deal with than those feelings, so it's easier to take yourself there than have to deal with the other emotions.
You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. Don't get me wrong, there is a right time for anger, but the anger I believe the OP is referring to is completely unwarranted and unnecessary.

But the reasons he listed are obviously the worst things in the world. Like according to what he says on the forum its as if he's literally going through the holocaust and he has the worst life in the world. Let him cry a bit.

PieBeNice said:
But the reasons he listed are obviously the worst things in the world. Like according to what he says on the forum its as if he's literally going through the holocaust and he has the worst life in the world. Let him cry a bit.

The things I listed are things that are pissing me off, personally. And they happen again and again, which only adds to the aggravation. I'd think that would be self-explanatory. I'm not saying "poor me". What I'm saying is sometimes I just feel like standing up and screaming fresia THIS BULLSHIT and doing something about it. And the fact that I legally can not do something about it only makes it worse. And it keeps happening again and again. Telling myself that other people have worse problems is no consolation nor is it a solution. I want to solve my problems, not just accept them and say "oh well someone else has it worse".

TheSkaFish said:
PieBeNice said:

The things I listed are things that are pissing me off, personally. And they happen again and again, which only adds to the aggravation. I'd think that would be self-explanatory. I'm not saying "poor me". What I'm saying is sometimes I just feel like standing up and screaming fresia THIS BULLSHIT and doing something about it. And the fact that I legally can not do something about it only makes it worse. And it keeps happening again and again. Telling myself that other people have worse problems is no consolation nor is it a solution. I want to solve my problems, not just accept them and say "oh well someone else has it worse".

You say you cannot legally do anything about it. Out of curiosity, what is it that you would do about it that you can't do legally? Are you going to go on a killing spree?

TheSkaFish said:
What I'm saying is sometimes I just feel like standing up and screaming fresia THIS BULLSHIT and doing something about it. And the fact that I legally can not do something about it only makes it worse. And it keeps happening again and again. Telling myself that other people have worse problems is no consolation nor is it a solution. I want to solve my problems, not just accept them and say "oh well someone else has it worse".

I seriously recommend guided meditation. You don't have to be a Buddhist monk to get into meditation, and it can be done in solitude. It calms you and it allows you to transform your anger into a calming sensation. It's like being the rock in the stream that lets the water of the world flow by you with ease. You can do this with your unwanted emotions. You can attain a state where the things that make you angry simply flow past you, like the water in the stream.

It's something to consider. Anger is a very, very destructive emotion, and if left unresolved, can lead to great problems. That is why I believe that meditation can help you greatly. It's not a process to remove anger from your life, but to understand it, feel it, let it happen within you, and then know how to resolve these feelings within yourself.

I just found this link. If you are interested, check out this guided meditation on anger. It requires either sitting in a chair or laying on a floor comfortably, and it's only about 13 minutes long.

http://www.fragrantheart.com/cms/free-audio-meditations/relaxation/guided-meditation-for-anger

Anger is a very powerful emotion, but it can lead to the Dark side. Also, if you medidate, do not be afraid if you feel different or a certain sense of disattachment because fear leads to anger and anger leads to hate and hate, leeds to suffering. You must clear your mind, sense the force around you, make the positive feelings flow through you.

Vin. said:
Anger is a very powerful emotion, but it can lead to the Dark side. Also, if you medidate, do not be afraid if you feel different or a certain sense of disattachment because fear leads to anger and anger leads to hate and hate, leeds to suffering. You must clear your mind, sense the force around you, make the positive feelings flow through you.

Thank you Yoda.

PieBeNice said:
You say you cannot legally do anything about it. Out of curiosity, what is it that you would do about it that you can't do legally? Are you going to go on a killing spree?

What would I do that I can't do legally? Well, take a baseball bat and beat the honeysuckle out of the nearest "bad boy", for starters. That's probably the only illegal thing I actually want to do. But man, would that ever be satisfying to watch them go from smugly grinning, on top of the world to broken, bloody, and dead. See, it's not just a dislike I have for those people. It's blown up to full-on hatred and it just gets worse by the day. I'd almost want to be a cop for the sole purpose of making life hell for people like that. But I don't want to spend my whole life living in reaction and I don't want to spend my time doing things that I don't truly like doing.

I'd just like to make sure I never lose anything, any scenario, even a penny or a blade of grass to some ****** like that ever again. Just beat them in every possible sense.

And, though somewhat separately, just be more in control of my life. Be someone who wouldn't have this happen in the first place.

TheSkaFish said:
PieBeNice said:

What would I do that I can't do legally? Well, take a baseball bat and beat the honeysuckle out of the nearest "bad boy", for starters. That's probably the only illegal thing I actually want to do. But man, would that ever be satisfying to watch them go from smugly grinning, on top of the world to broken, bloody, and dead. See, it's not just a dislike I have for those people. It's blown up to full-on hatred and it just gets worse by the day. I'd almost want to be a cop for the sole purpose of making life hell for people like that. But I don't want to spend my whole life living in reaction and I don't want to spend my time doing things that I don't truly like doing.

I'd just like to make sure I never lose anything, any scenario, even a penny or a blade of grass to some ****** like that ever again. Just beat them in every possible sense.

And, though somewhat separately, just be more in control of my life. Be someone who wouldn't have this happen in the first place.

I have an ex boyfriend you can meet and do that too.

TheSkaFish said:
PieBeNice said:

You seriously need some deep meditation and sleep, you have some very powerful hatred, you will turn to the Dark side if you give in, but it is not too late. Also, I recommend you hire some people to beat someone up, this way, you will come out clean. Or you could just get a chill pill.

Just don't kill people.

TheSkaFish said:
PieBeNice said:

Ska fish person. You say you don't like bad people or whatever. Then you post something saying you'd like to beat people with a baseball bat.

Do you not think your problems lie in the fact that you're actually an awful person?

Do you not think hating people who are just living their lives and aren't even aware that you exist is a douchey thing to do?

I like this trolling. You have my permission to continue.

TheSkaFish said:
What would I do that I can't do legally? Well, take a baseball bat and beat the honeysuckle out of the nearest "bad boy", for starters. That's probably the only illegal thing I actually want to do. But man, would that ever be satisfying to watch them go from smugly grinning, on top of the world to broken, bloody, and dead. See, it's not just a dislike I have for those people. It's blown up to full-on hatred. I'd almost want to be a cop so I can make life hell for people like that. But I don't want to spend my whole life living in reaction.

I kinda get what you mean. Sounds like your 'problem with bad boys' amounts to these emotions: Jealousy, anger, fear and insecurity.

It's when you don't feel on top of the situation that your emotions take control of you. Work with your confidence perhaps? Be a 'bad boy' yourself.

I can relate to what you're telling, sadly.

PieBeNice said:
Ska fish person. You say you don't like bad people or whatever. Then you post something saying you'd like to beat people with a baseball bat.

Do you not think your problems lie in the fact that you're actually an awful person?

Do you not think hating people who are just living their lives and aren't even aware that you exist is a douchey thing to do?

I told you, this isn't just a dislike, like not enjoying the taste of meatloaf or the sound of dubstep. This is hatred. Everything about them disgusts me, and what disgusts me even more is how rotten people like them are not only accepted but celebrated and given VIP treatment in life. No one stands up to them, calls them out, or even sees them for what they are. I've had enough.

Just redirect your anger towards the earth so you will not explode, my young padawan. You will be fine if you master this. All your angry and psychotic desires will disappear.

TheSkaFish said:
PieBeNice said:

I told you, this isn't just a dislike, like not enjoying the taste of meatloaf or the sound of dubstep. This is hatred. Everything about them disgusts me, and what disgusts me even more is how rotten people like them are not only accepted but celebrated and given VIP treatment in life. No one stands up to them, calls them out, or even sees them for what they are. I've had enough.

What have they done, except have worked to become what you want yourself to be? You're not really angry, just jealous, and now you're posting things of a questionable nature about how you're going to deal with your perceived inferiority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back