Hello. New guy.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceLeeroy

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I haven't used a message board in over 10 years. I'm 32. I'm lonely. So, here I am. I'm guess I'm one of those "loners that don't want to be loners". I have never been on a date or had a girlfriend or anything like that. The strange part is I've had the opportunity to date cute women. I'm just shy and awkward and just... don't go for them. I would like to change that one day. I don't even really know what to say. Just introducing myself and saying what led me here. Look forward to getting to know some of you :)

Hi and welcome to the site!

I can relate alot to what you had to say. I've been the same way, on the dating scene. And this is a great community, but I'm still very new here.....but the people, I have met have been so nice and helpful. Great people here!

dawningday said:
Hi and welcome to the site!

I can relate alot to what you had to say. I've been the same way, on the dating scene. And this is a great community, but I'm still very new here.....but the people, I have met have been so nice and helpful. Great people here!

Really cool. Nice to meet you! :)

Hi!

A bit worrying you haven't been on a date yet. But frankly, if I hadn't been extremely lucky at some point in the past, likely I would be in a quite similar situation. I'm shy and terribly awkward too. Have a good stay on ALL!

wu-wei said:
Hi!

A bit worrying you haven't been on a date yet. But frankly, if I hadn't been extremely lucky at some point in the past, likely I would be in a quite similar situation. I'm shy and terribly awkward too. Have a good stay on ALL!

Yeah 😕.. My friends both male and female always tell me I'm a great guy and I could easily find someone. I just don't know where to begin. I mean I would think most women in my age group aren't going to be thrilled when I tell them "so this is my first date." Ha.. So, I just kind of feel like "why even try?" Ya know..

JustSomeGal said:

Thanks! :) ..and the band from your quote is at a Festival I'm going to soon. I don't really know much about them.

BruceLeeroy said:
Yeah 😕.. My friends both male and female always tell me I'm a great guy and I could easily find someone. I just don't know where to begin. I mean I would think most women in my age group aren't going to be thrilled when I tell them "so this is my first date." Ha.. So, I just kind of feel like "why even try?" Ya know..

You don't have to tell them it is your first date. It could be your little secret. ;)

I can relate.

A few years ago I approached a woman I had fallen in love with, and nothing came of it. But I feel better for having tried.

At least give it a shot if you want to.

Hi Bruce, welcome. Women ain't that hard. They sure trick you quite lot but when it comes to dating I'm sure it's easier than maintaining the relationship. Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back