paranoia at work ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ucxb

Reaction score
I have not figured out how to completely dissolve my paranoia in the work environment which is caused by work itself: about the systems & gossip mostly. When I get home I can read inspirational how to(s) & practice my relaxation methods (that is if I have the ability to recall such, there are times I am too stressed & tired which causes forgetfullness of such methods). So I fail while at work with it, taking breaks just gives me time to overly think about events or conversations, which tends to make my worry, get angry, annoyed, & spikes my anxiety. Any tips on how to manage paranoia at work when its about work?

Hey you, so nice to see you here again. :)

I'm sorry that you're going through the paranoia and anxiety at work. Not too long ago, I was suffering something very similar in my work place. Except that I carried it back home with me.. causing me some difficult sleep at night and just a lot of breathless attacks because of it.

I find that if you put something to look forward to at the end of the day, something you like and get excited about, it actually helped me some. Not entirely, but it made me feel slightly better knowing that something good is going to happen later so this bad negative feelings will not last and I will not dwell on it because I wanna have a good time later. Venting it out to someone also helps, to me, at least.

As for how to deal with the work exactly, I'm not sure. I had a hard time myself but I tried to find other ways to cope. Some really good people on the forum also helped me get through it. So, maybe talking to someone daily at work who can understand you might also help? Someone who can bring you back to reality and focus so that your mind doesn't wander off and start overthinking things. Some people have a way at making that worse for you.. so it's best to choose the right people to talk to also.

I'm sorry I don't have any better suggestions but I do hope that you can overcome this and be stronger out of it. You know I'm always here for you if you want to talk about it. Good luck, and please take care.

I realize it's a difficult subject, thank you for your support. I am trying to detach from what annoys & causes paranoia and setting property lines too.

Much love to you, Lady!

It is .. I couldn't find solutions myself when I was going through it. I just tried to keep sane with the right people around me.. any little trigger could just set me off.

I do hope you can find ways to detach from what causes you all that. :\
Good luck!! And much love back to you. <3

Unfortunately I'm rather paranoid at work because my bosses and co-workers stress me out. I don't understand how my co-workers can act so gung-ho about a dead end job, unless they either have no ambition or they're GREAT actors.

Me, I have my escape hatch... under CA state law, my employer can't fire me for going to school, which is great because I'm enrolled in construction school to get my building inspector license this winter.

What type of work do you do? I work a desk job in an office. A number of my colleagues liisten to music on their iPods. I don't have one but I wear earplugs to silence the rubbish I would otherwise hear all day. I also stay heavily focused on my work and only make small talk with a select few colleagues. It sounds terrible but there's just too many fruitcakes there and I prefer not to get entangled with their gossip, moodiness and backstabbing. On the plus side, I get a lot of work done :)

-Teresa

I am part of a store support team and so far I have been able to detach in a good manner, I think, though I wonder if its noticed at times.

Welp, I have had days that I just flat out want to quit my job. Peoples impression of what it is I do is belittling even though I know that said people are a bit clueless on all the tasks my role requires, then people giving me what appears to be a stink eye, & paranoia still creeps in once in awhile. I get tired of it, not sure how to change my perspective 100% of the time, a bit of trouble with letting others get to me, letting it go, & I anticpate that looking for another job or getting another job will more than likely effect me the same & possibly then some because every work environment has its pros & cons, eh.

ucxb said:
I anticpate that looking for another job or getting another job will more than likely effect me the same

It does sound like that to me too. It sounds like it's a battle with your mind, and your mind only. You probably already knew that. Eh, if i can help in some way, you know where to find me. I can't really think of anything useful at the moment.

You sound a lot like me. I've left jobs because of this paranoia. I wish I had an answer for this problem. It's hard to not let others steal my joy. I do tell myself often that as long as I'm doing a good job it doesn't matter what coworkers say or do. I can only control myself.

Purple Reign said:
You sound a lot like me. I've left jobs because of this paranoia. I wish I had an answer for this problem. It's hard to not let others steal my joy. I do tell myself often that as long as I'm doing a good job it doesn't matter what coworkers say or do. I can only control myself.

This. It may not be easy though, but when I was in my previous job, this happened to me too often in the beginning I had to come out of it or I would just end up suffering. I told myself, I'm gonna be around here for several more years, so either I make myself suffer with my paranoia and stress myself out, or I change things around and chill out and enjoy it. It's hard at first to keep keeping yourself in check and remembering not to let it get to you, but over time, it kind of becomes a habit for me.

I hope you can find something that can help you deal with this, ucxb. Good luck, my friend. *hug*

I suppose time will tell how well I can manage this, thanks for your replies all!

Latest posts

Back