Jitsi Skype Alternative

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightHawkJohn

Reaction score
I just thought i would post some info about Jitsi

https://jitsi.org/

Its a open source Voip like skype, it uses open standards and open encryption.

It works much the same as skype does you make account and begin using as you would skype, it has quite a few added options compared to skype not that you need to change them but it is nice that you can adjust things like camera resolution and FPS to your liking etc.

It is a work in progress but recently got a lot better with the release of version 2, it will keep getting better with new features being added all the time, i really think its better to use opensource software much more transparency when it comes to security.

You can also add your:
facebook chat
googletalk
Aim
Yahoo
MSN
So the program can manage them all rather than having separate programs to do the same thing.

I have not gone fully away from skype as a lot of people still use it but it would be nice to move away from closed source software with questionable security in the future.

NightHawkJohn said:
I have not gone fully away from skype as a lot of people still use it but it would be nice to move away from closed source software with questionable security in the future.

And therein lies the eventual problem. The best IM software in the world is useless if no one you know uses it. :D

Latest posts

Back