Hello Everyone!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callie

Reaction score
Hi All

Obviously, I'm new! I'm in my 20's and live with family, this has its obvious benefits in terms of not being physically lonely but in terms of how it makes me feel psychologically - I think I'd be less lonely if I lived alone!

I've joined this as a last resort, I don't mean for that to sound offensive. Until very recently I did have someone in my life that had been around for years, however my moods can be depressive and I wasn't doing a particularly good job of taking care of their needs as a friend and it eventually became too much for them to continue to deal with. So now I have nobody left.

As a really quick whistle stop tour of how I believe I ended up like this, I went to uni aged 18, had a small group of friends that I eventually lost touch with due to spending too much time focused on an abusive relationship that eventually ended. I had a traumatic event when I was 19 which left me feeling very vulnerable and I isolated myself from anyone that wasn't 'safe', during the 3/4 years that followed I was solely spending time with an abusive partner, cut off friends and family and eventually stopped working.

Since the relationship ended I've been attempting to rebuild what I can of my life and have done so with mixed success, I'm ok at making friends but struggle to keep them around, as I said earlier, I don't take care of other peoples needs and deep down I'm not a very nice person.

I particularly have trouble trusting people (especially men) and this has a big impact on any romantic interests I may care to pursue.

I suppose the reason I joined was to learn from others how to change my situation and hopefully find people who understand how I feel.

Sorry for the novel! Thanks for reading if you made it this far :) hopefully I'll be bake to talk to some of you soon

Welcome Madam, I'm sorry to hear about your traumatic past. I wish you the best of luck in future and hope you enjoy your time here :3

Hey Callie, welcome to the forum. I can somewhat relate to your past. I hope you'll find what you're looking for here. :)

thelonegamer said:
TheRealCallie hasn't seen this yet, right? Lol, just kidding :p
Welcome Callie :)

I'm sorry, have I taken someone else's name? I'll try and see if I can change it, don't want to offend anybody! Sorry again!

Callie said:
thelonegamer said:
TheRealCallie hasn't seen this yet, right? Lol, just kidding :p
Welcome Callie :)

I'm sorry, have I taken someone else's name? I'll try and see if I can change it, don't want to offend anybody! Sorry again!

You aren't offending anyone.
I was a member here a few years ago with the name Callie. When I registered on the forum again, I found out that someone else joined with that named. I just tweaked my name, so I could still be Callie too.

You don't need to apologize and you don't have to change your name if you don't want to. :)

Also, welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back