Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A possible explanation why some people feel they need to be in a relationship.
I seek a relationship because of human interaction. I want a friend who I have sex with and kiss. That's pretty much it.

The reason why I'm single is because I haven't found anybody who would fit that description. Even if you're attractive, I don't want to date you if you have a nasty personality.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Some of us just long for what we've never had. What we see almost everyone else have, every day of our lives. We long for what we've been told, for a greater part of our lives, we will never have. Because we are too ugly. Too boring. Too unpopular. Because we haven't cured cancer, ended all wars, and fed all the worlds starving. We get told we will never feel a hug, a cuddle, a hand to hold, a kiss, because we are just who we are ....

And to not have it, hurts, in a way I can not describe to you, if you don't feel it.
I haven't read the whole thread, but I believe a lot of people (including me) would like to be in a relationship because they haven't had one... I'm always curious about things I've never had, and I always dream about how a relationship with someone I truly love could be. I think it's pure curiosity.
Relationship is nice... I wouldn't mind having one... But then again, I wouldn't not having one either... For me, it's one of those things that I could live with or without... Nothing against general idea of relationship itself... I just don't really put that much importance on it all that much...
Sometimes when you're crying, nobody notices your tears... Sometimes when you're worried, nobody feels your pain... Sometimes when you're happy, nobody sees your smile... But fart just one time and..................
something my brother said last month - 'be careful what you wish for'

meaning having a girlfriend can bring a whole load of new problems.

Not sure I want to go down that route at the moment unless someone very special comes along.
(07-27-2014, 01:16 AM)Cucuboth Wrote: Some of us just long for what we've never had. What we see almost everyone else have, every day of our lives. We long for what we've been told, for a greater part of our lives, we will never have. Because we are too ugly. Too boring. Too unpopular. Because we haven't cured cancer, ended all wars, and fed all the worlds starving. We get told we will never feel a hug, a cuddle, a hand to hold, a kiss, because we are just who we are ....

As you get past 30 the single state comfort zone really embeds itself - even if I could have find someone who wasn't repulsed by me, I'm not sure if I could adjust or whether I would in fact be happier single, despite the lack of affection and prospect of getting old alone. It would be nice to be able to find out though.
My thoughts have changed in the last month or so. I was one of the ones that said I basically needed a romantic relationship to be happy. I am not so sure I feel that way anymore.

It can be very stressful and takes a lot of time and energy to start/maintain a relationship. Even then, there is no guarantee that it works out. In fact, the odds are against it.

But still, I am most motivated when I have someone to fight for. I can find the happiness now without the relationship. I can't find the motivation.
Life is much sweeter when you have someone to enjoy your experiences with. Someone to trust, love, and care for in both good and bad times. Someone who will sincerely reflect that same trust, love, and care back to you.
I'll always be lonely until I can get find a relationship. It's the piece of the puzzle I can't find.
I tried to contact whoever it was that created the puzzle but they said they must have not included that piece and I'll have to do without it.
"Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you but what people call ‘love’ is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus on science."
— Rick Sanchez, Rick and Morty

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I feel so very, very unlovable. Naizo 5 815 08-01-2019, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Naizo
  The Best Relationship - with God All Things are Possible AlertChristians 2 1,006 06-18-2019, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Katrina
  I feel unworthy and uninteresting because of her gmribbonboi 1 995 05-25-2019, 03:47 AM
Last Post: LostintheBardo
  Man I feel stupid, lol. Naizo 7 1,153 04-22-2019, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Naizo
  A relationship with Yahweh! humourless 11 1,384 03-30-2019, 08:57 PM
Last Post: humourless
  Those who've met people here, or been in LDRs, how do you manage? Tealeaf 13 6,799 03-08-2019, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  Can People Love Each Other Equally? Case 15 3,148 02-27-2019, 09:10 AM
Last Post: MildlyInteresting
  What is your criteria for trust in making and sustaining any type of relationship? erifeulb 7 2,161 02-27-2019, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  Do U too Feel Empitiness... male45 6 1,224 02-04-2019, 05:44 AM
Last Post: male45
  Obsession/Stalker relationship Jessicat 22 2,634 01-13-2019, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Jessicat