A possible explanation why some people feel they need to be in a relationship.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sentiententity said:
"Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you but what people call ‘love’ is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus on science."
— Rick Sanchez, Rick and Morty

One of the most controvertial things said in a tv show (and true) , yet barely anyone mentions it.

Waiting season 3

Xpendable said:
sentiententity said:
"Listen, Morty, I hate to break it to you but what people call ‘love’ is just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed. It hits hard, Morty, then it slowly fades, leaving you stranded in a failing marriage. I did it. Your parents are gonna do it. Break the cycle, Morty. Rise above. Focus on science."

One of the most controvertial things said in a tv show (and true) , yet barely anyone mentions it.

Waiting season 3

I wouldn't say it's true, or even very thought provoking, or even very original. Thats probably why no one mentions it.

sentiententity said:

I have no idea who this Rick Sanchez is, but I was going to post basically the same thing when I got to the end of the thread. I've been in numerous relationships. It took me a long time to figure this out. But then, I was immersed in consumerism since birth. That highly distorted my thoughts. I didn't want a kid, but my libido had a very strong urge to reproduce the species. I always found sex to be entertainment. That was pumped into me since I was was young as well. It's no surprise I've had many failed relationships with women.

Lonesome2 said:
Life is much sweeter when you have someone to enjoy your experiences with. Someone to trust, love, and care for in both good and bad times. Someone who will sincerely reflect that same trust, love, and care back to you.

This is what it boils down to. This is now how I view my relationships with anyone. This revelation has only recently occurred to me. This is how society should think if it wants to bond socially.

kamya said:
I wouldn't say it's true, or even very thought provoking, or even very original. Thats probably why no one mentions it.

Well, for something to be thought provoking you must have two parties involved on the thinking.

Xpendable said:
kamya said:

Well, for something to be thought provoking you must have two parties involved on the thinking.

Good one brah. :)

Xpendable said:
sentiententity said:

Waiting season 3

I've heard that before. It's not really controversial. Plus, it's from a television show, a silly one at that. I wouldn't blame anyone if they didn't take it seriously.

VanillaCreme said:
I've heard that before. It's not really controversial.

Where? When? How many times?

VanillaCreme said:
Plus, it's from a television show, a silly one at that. I wouldn't blame anyone if they didn't take it seriously.

Just because the recipient sounds silly (It isn't), doesn't mean that the message is not true. Many shows slide some taboo subjects while joking and I honestly never seen this mentioned anywhere else.

Also, the show isn't silly. Its presentation is silly and the situations kinda are, but the ideas that are inside it are far more complex of what they seem.

[video=youtube]

Xpendable said:
Many shows slide some taboo subjects while joking

My goal as a writer is to challenge while entertaining. Sci-Fi writers excel at that. Call the Midwife has some clever ladies writing for it as well. It's nice when the message is so subtle that it creeps up on me.

I'll check out the Rick and Morty Show online.

I'm a fan of the reporter, Rick Rick Sanchez. There's a part of his story that never gets mentioned. I saw it happen. It seems I often see things people might want me to forget.

EDIT: My daughter just said I'd like Rick and Morty.

Well, count me in as one of those people who DO NEED a relationship.

It sucks to live alone, and have no one to talk to.

I fear that I will get old and die alone. This makes me angry and infuriated.

My parents are getting old, my sister has already married, and gave birth to her second son.

Me? I'm living alone away from home due to a job opportunity I've found here. But there aren't too many women from my ethnic group who are living in my town. There is a large community elsewhere, and I attend church there, but still have found no luck in connecting with a woman. None.

Latest posts

Back