Getting closer to people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiina63

Reaction score
I wrote a thread about a friend who hurt me very much recently to the extent I have ended the friendship, but at least something good has come out of it. A couple of people at a social group I go to saw I was crying last week-I couldn't keep it in, much to my embarrassment,and this week they both asked how I was and they also opened up more about their own lives. I felt connected to them, and feeling connected is rare for me. I thought I would come on and tell you all as I feel so disconnected most of the time and it is nice to feel some connection.

It's nice to hear that you managed to feel this connection. I hope more good things will come from this. :)

Hi Tiina! Really glad to hear about this - vulnerability is key to connection, and when you keep everything inside (talking about myself now) others don't even know about it, so it is more difficult to care. I hope you can connect more with them, and less with the bad friend.

That's wonderful news, Tiina. I agree with Peaches that vulnerability is important to connectivity. If people know that I can be vulnerable around them without shame, they often feel more comfortable being vulnerable themselves. It certainly takes trust and caring, but it's nice to feel that connected emotion.

Tiina63 said:
I wrote a thread about a friend who hurt me very much recently to the extent I have ended the friendship, but at least something good has come out of it. A couple of people at a social group I go to saw I was crying last week-I couldn't keep it in, much to my embarrassment,and this week they both asked how I was and they also opened up more about their own lives. I felt connected to them, and feeling connected is rare for me. I thought I would come on and tell you all as I feel so disconnected most of the time and it is nice to feel some connection.

Hopefully you will become friends with these people who seem nice and caring !

Latest posts

Back