I accidently flirted with a co worker without any intentions too

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocky243

Reaction score
I feel so ******* stupid, I don't know if it's my hormones or what it is exactly. I'm 16 years old and I found my first summer job as a waitress in a cafe and everyone there of course is 10 years and older. I live in asia so I can only communicate with 3 out of 10 of the kitchen staff. They all speak mandarin while I speak Cantonese and English. So most of the time I don't get to have long conversations with them.

Yesterday I was overly happy and I made one of the kitchen staff help my put food in the takeaway box and help my grab something that was stored in a very high place. Normally they would help us do that stuff (but not putting food in the takeaway box) Then I was trying to make conversation with him and I asked him why he dyed his hair and he said he doesn't like it black. He said it's too short or something and I said no it's ok looks handsome. I think it was out of line when I said that because he looked uncomfortable and they walked away to use his phone. Another part timer a classmate of mine also works there and we always make him speak Cantonese because he has been trying to learn how to count or say specific things. I did a lot of weird honeysuckle yesterday to get his attention but the worst of it was asking him to put food in the box and helping me get something stored in a high place after, while making weird small talk with him. I know it may not seem like anything but I can feel that it's kinda flirting and it was wrong of me to do so.I think i'm overreacting but I don't know. When it came to closing he was nice enough to offer me and my classmate a tangerine and he said goodbye. When that happened he made me even more guilty. I don't want to take advantage of that. I feel extremely stupid for what I have done yesterday. I am kinda attracted but I know it's wrong and I step out of my boundaries without purposely or actually trying to make something happen. It was an unconscious thing I did without making clear decisions. Any word of advice or reassurance would be appreciated T.T I'm an extremely confused teenager who's hormones are developing.

Stop beating yourself up and overthinking things; you're not stupid or weird. I don't see anything wrong with the situations you described. The only advice I would give is to be careful with a guy who has a girlfriend or wife.
It sounds like you have an open and friendly personality. It's ok to have a friendly personality! :)

-Teresa

Flirting is a good thing. Set yourself free to flirt. I personally like to flirt and be flirted with. As long as you're not sexually teasing someone flirting is a natural bridge to friendship and maybe more and you know what? It can also be just for fun. It doesn't have to go anywhere. I agree with SofiasMami. Be careful with a guy who has a girlfriend or wife.

I don't see any issue with innocent flirting if you like the person, if you felt it made them uncomfortable or you suspect they thought you were and that was not your intention, just talk to them and apologize for any reason you made them feel that way.

It was a compliment. If he was uncomfortable with it, that's on him. It doesn't mean that other people can't compliment. It wasn't stupid. You were being nice about something.

Latest posts

Back