Small Victory

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneWanderer

Reaction score
Well a big step for me. Normally I listen to my headphones without a care in the world. My battery was dead today (oh my) and well.

After...about I don't know 40 minutes I finally plucked up the courage to talk to a stranger...a opposite gender stranger.

At first I felt nothing, as the time went by I thought fresia it, I'm bored and I am going to experiment. If it goes wrong I'll take the train, beat the traffic anyway. Practice makes perfect right? So I asked her a question, got her talking. After a brief Q & A I said nothing for about 10 minutes until I finally asked her another question, added my view. And then LOL after 5 mins I was feeling more confident and asked her even more questions and I added my views and anyway by the time we got near to the destination she was acting all weird and asking me questions to which other people on the bus already replied to her.

To be honest I was stunned. I think she acted in a flirtatious manner towards me, which is... let me think the third (?) or so time this has happened, ever.

So now I am feeling pretty good about myself. EXCEPT I only just realized what she was doing. Still a little slow and new about these things.

I did think of a very good joke to say at the time but failed to mention it because I became suddenly self aware and was thinking OMG people on this bus will hear it and think I'm stupid.

Need to learn to relax I guess and "live more" as relatives tell me.

Oooh, that's nice to hear :)

Talking to strangers can be disappointing sometimes (not everyone alone in public wants to talk), but it doesn't mean it will always go wrong. Let's hope that you will be able to meet her again, even if by chance.

Latest posts

Back