the more positive thread :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrish

Reaction score
I just thought, that it would be nice to have a more positive thread, iv came through a lot, all my life has been a struggle, but that has made me me.
That said, a lot of you guys have been through a lot more that I could dream of, but, however bad it gets, there is always a next step, if your struggling to get through an illness, trying to find a companion or just friends, it can be done.
There are negative steps, but put your positive steps in here, no matter how small, did you go out and join a club, meet someone, or just got out of the house and walked for a while.. Let's make this a place to feel positive, and see what can be done, not what can't :).. I'll start, today I was told by my physio that I can run for 5 mins a few times a week :)

And here's a little video :)..

The real message is 5.30 mins in :), but its a good watch I thought, I hope that this catches on x

Awesome idea chrish- I came up with a logo for work that's getting a warm reception. And I spent a couple of hours with my best friend :)

*bump* :p
I managed to jog for 3 mins today ,:D.. I'm a bit stiff now, but that's the first time in over a year :).. Come on, what have you all been doing :D

chrish said:
Awsome :), do you see your friend often? :)

Not enough but I cherish the time we get together.

Today....

-did my workout early in the morning.
-studied for two hours.
-swam in the river for an hour (and I was naked :D),
-called my daughter,
-and, as requested, will be at special lady friends house when she gets home from work for a couple of hours of quality time before I go to work tonight.

....it has been/is/will continue to be a most excellent day.

WildernessWildChild said:
chrish said:
Awsome :), do you see your friend often? :)

Not enough but I cherish the time we get together.

Today....

-did my workout early in the morning.
-studied for two hours.
-swam in the river for an hour (and I was naked :D),
-called my daughter,
-and, as requested, will be at special lady friends house when she gets home from work for a couple of hours of quality time before I go to work tonight.

....it has been/is/will continue to be a most excellent day.
Wow :eek:.. I wish I could do all of that lol, can I ask, how old are you?
:p

Probably not the correct sub-forum for the thread, but it's a nice idea.

This video never fails to amuze me, it's just funny as hell. Everyone who have time should take a look.

[video=youtube]

I didn't really do anything positive today, but couldn't leave without spreading the positivity-ness anyway so I had to just do it in another way.

I made Tamagoyaki, which I was craving for last night.
I got my lazy ass up and went to get my mail. I still have to go check ... now.. but.. okay I will make it my next positive attempt at doing something productive, I'll check my mail again in a bit.
Applied to several many job applications last night without feeling "meh" about it.

I wrote to some lovely people on this forum. I have applied to do some voluntary work. I am going regularly to pilates, yoga and meditations sessions. I did some dog sitting/walking. I often have to force myself to do things initially, after a while they start to be things I look forward to doing. The first hurdle of walking into a room with people I don't know is always going to be hard for me.

lil lost kitty said:
I wrote to some lovely people on this forum. I have applied to do some voluntary work. I am going regularly to pilates, yoga and meditations sessions. I did some dog sitting/walking. I often have to force myself to do things initially, after a while they start to be things I look forward to doing. The first hurdle of walking into a room with people I don't know is always going to be hard for me.

Aww :), good to hear, I remember when I was at an army selection center.. Where I had to do an 'ice breaker' which involves speaking infront of about 50 strangers plus varius sargents and corprals, and talking about yourself and your ambitions ect, I got up there and my mind went completely blank, iv never felt so small in my life.. I actually passed in the end, but watching every person after me I noticed every person was the same, now I use that to help me when speaking to other people :).. If anything it was funny thinking about nearly all 50 'tough' guys mumble and stutter and feel as awkward as me :) lol, everyone gets nervouse speaking to new people :)

And thanks all for posting in here, I know that its loosly based on 'being lonley' because being lonley usually goes hand in hand with other things such as being socially akward ect. But its good to see the positive side :), as it rubs off on you sometimes, I was feeling low today because iv had a bad reaction to the small bit of jogging that I had started doing, but after seeing you all posting here, I'm not going to give up, 'my lonleyness has come from the feeling that my life has been on hold since I got injured'

Chrish

That did make me laugh, I used to work for the Army as a civvie and they are such a great bunch of guys. I can well image the scenario :)

I liked this post as well. Sometimes I find my loneliness can be linked with boredom and having a list of a few positive things to do can really be a great help *hugs*

K2uzup.jpg

Just because I thought this forum needed it... Bump :),,
Everybody, feel free to join in :)

When I want to get positive, I always turn to animals and the way they care for one another. I dare you not to get a fuzzy feeling from pics like these:

7.bmp.jpg

Latest posts

Back