What do you work as?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I move mountains. And I've been known to rock someone's world on occasion.

I have been unemployed for almost a month now and been searching for another job.

I work as a cashier at a store part time, and am a student part time. I will be graduating soon, hopefully, and be able to give up the cashier job for a career in IT.

I have had dozens of jobs. From janitor to fork lift operator to fast food to the navy and the california conservation corps in 86. And many others. But i have been dissabled a while now.

the california conservation corps was a lot of fun. In my opinion.

I sell appliances full time & work as a translator/interpreter... Thing about translator job is that you're not just translating words, you're translating their culture as well so a sentences or expressions that may not make sense in one culture can make whole lotta sense in the other... You just gotta know how to translate a thought, or intent, rather than words themselves directly... It makes a pretty interesting job...

Now I am a nurse. Formerly, I was a teacher, education consultant and a copywriter. I've had other smaller, part-time jobs to carry me over tough times: textile factory worker, waitress, student staff in a collegiate library.

Nursing is awesome.

I'm an industrial mechanic, but since I'm scared of getting too serious and committed to the job I ended up working for a moving company.

I am a hospital porter. I have had the same job for 12 years.

Before that I worked for a cable company, for four and a quarter years, but was made redundant. Before that I worked for British Airways for five years, in Revenue Accounts.

Bill.

I'm a street sweeper. Work from 11pm until 7am. Unsupervised job, and the truck has an aux port so I can listen to my own music. Make a little more than 2k a month, which is the most I've ever made from unskilled work.

It's a great job for an agoraphobe, to be honest :p But it can be very lonely, and as I'm at a point where I'd like to try interacting with people again it's a bit more challenging than usual, but because I can use my own music player it really helps. I've lots of old-time radio shows I listen to, and have a Japanese Language audio program I also use every other night.

Latest posts

Back