Special Days alone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SadCassie

Reaction score
I know that I could really get down about the fact I asm alone for another year on my birthday. Last time I posted on my birthday I was 32. I have been alone every year since, this year I am 37 years old.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon watching the Pride Parade. I was in the moment, dancing, screaming "happy pride"to get beads and stuff and I was pulled onto a float by a big lass in skimpy clothes. I danced on that float until it reached the end of the line. I lived in the now, and it was a fun time.
today I am going to the market and picking out a little gift for myself. A small wedgwood dish...maybe a fine gold chain.
For as long as I can remeber there has really only been me*. My married life wasnt one of happy union, trust and understanding. My childhood is not worth mentioning for this is the POSITIVE thread.
At my heart I am a very positive, energetic person. I am not going to let being alone make me sad, for I like the person I will spend the day with, I can trust her, I always have. I know her well and she is closer to me than anyone.
She knows just what I like.
Yes, I am my best friend. :) And that's :cool:

dear Cassie, thank you for the inspiration, wish I had your positive outlook, ok, some days I do, now today is a little better after reading this post

It can be tough feeling that the only person you can truly rely on and trust is yourself. Your determination to rise above the things that've pulled you down is admirable and getting to that place where you're able to live in "The Now" (even if it's brief) indicates you've found appreciation for the special moments that come your way.

Happy Birthday, hope you find the treasures you seek at the market today.

Latest posts

Back