Older people, why do you still live?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also SkaFish, how can you think life is too short when you are waiting for it to end on the age of 27 already?

Nicolelt said:
PieBeNice said:
Nicolelt said:
TheSkaFish said:
I'm 27, soon to be 28, but I feel really old. I feel like my time has come but I didn't know it, and now it has gone as silently as it came. Now I feel like it's too late to start over again. All my life I thought I was stuck being average and I made my choices based on that idea - choices that were safe but boring. Now I wish I could start over again. I really wish I could do these last 14 years over again. In childhood everything was so clear, but after that, it seems that everything I did was the wrong choice and now here I am so far away from who I wish I could be.

No, I feel like life is much too short.

People in there 20s that say they are old? Really?!?!?! I'm still a kid! Yea, I was dumb in the past, but that is the past. Do I wish I redo it? No, because at that time in my life I felt like that was the right decision.

Not related to the thread, but why does the dog in your profile picture have a penis sticking out of its knee?

It is his tail, dear.

k

Lowlander said:
You're 27 for god's sake. You're such a pessimist. You feel like your time has come when it has barely begun. What would you do when you went back 14 years?

What would I have done?

- Stayed in shape instead of let myself go.
- NOT smoked weed, nor would I have hung out with people who only wanted to smoke weed. Or maybe just tried it once so I could say now I know what it is and what to expect from it, and that I don't need to do it anymore.
- Not gotten paranoia, not gotten upset about politics and wasted time complaining/arguing about it.
- Not taken time with my family or true friends for granted.
- Actually believed I could have done something with my life instead of believing that I was just born average and that no amount of practice would make a difference. I seriously didn't explore any interests of any sort when I was younger because I thought it was a fool's errand if you weren't born with the knack.
- Decided to be a confident person.
- Taken high school and college seriously.
- Gotten good at something, found a niche.
- Read a lot more.

TheSkaFish said:
Lowlander said:
You're 27 for god's sake. You're such a pessimist. You feel like your time has come when it has barely begun. What would you do when you went back 14 years?

What would I have done?

- Stayed in shape instead of let myself go.
- NOT smoked weed, nor would I have hung out with people who only wanted to smoke weed. Or maybe just tried it once so I could say now I know what it is and what to expect from it, and that I don't need to do it anymore.
- Not gotten paranoia, not gotten upset about politics and wasted time complaining/arguing about it.
- Not taken time with my family or true friends for granted.
- Actually believed I could have done something with my life instead of believing that I was just born average and that no amount of practice would make a difference. I seriously didn't explore any interests of any sort when I was younger because I thought it was a fool's errand if you weren't born with the knack.
- Taken high school and college seriously.
- Gotten good at something, found a niche.
- Read a lot more.

What did you study at college?

Nicolelt said:
People in there 20s that say they are old? Really?!?!?! I'm still a kid! Yea, I was dumb in the past, but that is the past. Do I wish I redo it? No, because at that time in my life I felt like that was the right decision.

But for me, that's just it though. I didn't feel that any of what I did was the right decision. I felt that I couldn't choose anything good, and that the only choices I had were between one bad thing and another. I now see that there were tons of opportunities, but because I was so pessimistic then I just didn't see it. I conditioned myself to believe I was just a person who couldn't do anything. So I made all my choices based on that.

If you look at a lot of the great creators, most of them were already quite accomplished by the late 20s. It makes me feel like I haven't done nearly enough with my life.

PieBeNice said:
What did you study at college?

Business Administration / Management. I did wind up completing it, in the end. I look up information all the time to try and find where that fits into the real world and apparently it keeps making the list of most useful degrees, but I feel it's too general to be useful.

I went through most of life thinking there was no point in cultivating any interests, let alone pursuing them, because I thought I just couldn't get good enough. Now I feel that I am torn between my interests and desire to make a respectable salary.

But I want to have more stories. I find that at social gatherings I don't have a lot to say. I'm often bored with my own self and don't find myself interesting.

Lowlander said:
Also SkaFish, how can you think life is too short when you are waiting for it to end on the age of 27 already?

Because I want to start my life over again. But because I have to make money now, I won't get to. I'm locked in to this path, unless I can somehow make a ridiculous amount of money very quickly.

I think life is too short to do all the things I'd like to do. I feel like I've wasted quite a number of years in my life doing what others wanted me to do. I'm 26 this year and I'm only.. starting out. It's making me panic! :0

THIS is by far...the most fkd up thread that i have EVER seen...seriously?...:club:

images

More agreement here....I 'lost' my 20s due to severe depression after my dad died, it took me until the start of my 30s to start my life over really.

I can't have that time back, all I can do is make the most of what time I have here in the present-none of us know 100% if we will see another day tomorrow, or the day after-what you do today matters!

I am so old that it makes no sense to commit suicide, all I have to do is wait :p

You learn from your experiences, so as you get older, life actually becomes easier. So, being easier, life becomes then more enjoyable.

Dying is easy,anyone can do it.

We all going to do it one day! Some sooner than others!

Living? Living is about what and how you spend your life before you die. Why waste it?

Latest posts

Back