Summer Adventure Ideas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSkaFish

Jedi Guardian
Reaction score
I often think that I want to have more stories, adventures, and memories in my life. But I don't know where to begin. A lot of times at social gatherings I'm at a loss for things to say, and a lot of times when I'm by myself I'm also at a loss for ideas of things to do. Every year I hope that when summer rolls around I'll have some marvelous adventures this time....and it always turns out the same. Sitting at home waiting on some kind of inspiration that never shows, going out with friends and just talking about nothing that great and not doing much of anything. I always want it to be different but I don't know where to start.

So I thought I'd just throw this out there. What are some of your favorite summer adventures? What kinds of summer adventures have you done? What kinds of things do you wish you could do, or just haven't gotten around to yet? What are your favorite past summer memories?

Have you tried sports like skydiving, skiing, kitesurfing or hang gliding? Usually you can meet new people who are into it and travel to different places to practice this kind of stuff. I remember once my parents and I got ourselves in a tour to a mountain range to hike and try out a few radical sports that are somewhat popular around here and it was so much worth it. Best memories I have from vacations... Sure I was a bit young to meet new people, but my parents made a couple of friends during the tour.

I've tried skiing before, and the rest sound neat. Especially kitesurfing and hang gliding. Flight has always fascinated me. That sounds sort of fun, and would give me some ideas that would stick out but I mean, something really meaningful. Something really unique that stays with you forever.

I have been trying to have my own adventures lately. I am going Skydiving in August. I just went to a hella nice concert Friday night and am planning on going to a bunch more. I am going to go on some Chicago tours soon. I wanted to to go tomatoblast (tomatoblast.com) this year but I missed it - I put it on the schedule for next year.
I see new adventures everywhere... Just wish I had the money to go on more of them.

You know, Ska, a tame walk along a canal or river may not sound exciting, but I was surprised at how much adventure can be had on a sunny (or even partly cloudly) day of doing just that! You can meet the nicest people on a simple walk.

This weekend I was out walking along the canal and saw the cutest little baby ducks with their mum and 2 rather austere looking British Alpine goats staring down from a ledge! Plus wonderful, friendly people along the way (biking, fishing, jogging, walking, etc.).

TheSkaFish said:
I've tried skiing before, and the rest sound neat. Especially kitesurfing and hang gliding. Flight has always fascinated me. That sounds sort of fun, and would give me some ideas that would stick out but I mean, something really meaningful. Something really unique that stays with you forever.

You wouldn't know what would do any of this to you until you try out. I suppose that what I suggested isn't really meaningful, sure, but anyways if you keep searching for the perfect adventure without trying anything out, you won't find it.

I hope you find what you are looking for :D

Road trip! Just hit the road, you never know where it will take you. Or plan out an informal trip, with room for adjustment. Don't know what part of the US you're in, but there's bound to be lots of summer festivals fairly nearby - check out a renaissance fair, or music festival, or maybe there's some cool cosplay/gaming events going on somewhere.

Some links for you, all with listings in the US:

http://www.cosplay.com/calendar/
http://www.therenlist.com/fairs
http://www.festivals.com
http://www.eventsforgamers.com

Ruthie said:
You know, Ska, a tame walk along a canal or river may not sound exciting, but I was surprised at how much adventure can be had on a sunny (or even partly cloudly) day of doing just that! You can meet the nicest people on a simple walk.

This weekend I was out walking along the canal and saw the cutest little baby ducks with their mum and 2 rather austere looking British Alpine goats staring down from a ledge! Plus wonderful, friendly people along the way (biking, fishing, jogging, walking, etc.).

THIS!!!!

Have I ever got places to drag you to if you ever make it to B.C. Ruthie. Bring sturdy boots, I've already got bear spray.

How about shark diving? It's either gonna freak you out or you'll love it... You can do it in shark cages or free style, or free dive... Free style usually requires scuba gear & free dive is one without the scuba gears but both without cage... It's usually a good idea for the first timers to try it in cage first then onto free dives... Speaking of doing things in the water, there's always swimming with dolphins or whale chasing... Not like whale watching but it's almost same as shark diving but you'd be swimming with, or on top of, huge whales like humpback whales... Then there's a northern lights of Alaska... I hear wild life in Alaska is amazing... And bungee jumping always sounds fun...

Sounds like you want to go traveling. Go and breathe some new oxygen somewhere and see something beautiful or something really messed up. India might be a good place to see both. I always wanted to go to Chernobyl and take photographs there.

I used to do similar to kitesurfing with friends. We had the big power kites but instead of surfing we had a 3-wheeled buggy you sat in and propelled yourself with the kite. It's really ******* hard work and dangerous too, but so much fun. You wont need a gym membership or any such bullshit if you do something like this.
I guess it depends where you live though. Can't really do this in a city.

I've always wanted to go storm-chasing.

I agree with this though:

Ruthie said:
You know, Ska, a tame walk along a canal or river may not sound exciting, but I was surprised at how much adventure can be had on a sunny (or even partly cloudly) day of doing just that!

Ruthie said:

I like this. Adventures are expensive. But mini-adventures can be fun and cheap! I like to go hiking with my dogs at state parks. I sometimes will just leave and go explore a different part of town. If you are into it, go to flea markets and rummage sales, and see all the weird stuff you can find.

Latest posts

Back