Unemployed, out-of-school, and completely useless.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyS13

Reaction score
The last time I logged into here was March of last year, when I felt like I had some idea of where I belong. A few months after that, I was laid off, and dropped out of community college. I was greatly discouraged and didn't see any reason to continue on some unclear path.

Now it is almost August of 2014, and my slump has continued for almost 15 months. I am completely unable to find work as no one sees any value in me wherever I go, no matter how open and friendly I appear when I show interest in possible employment. I have not been able to gain any sort of unemployment benefits and have felt like I've been a waste of space everywhere I go. I have not a single friend where I live who can help me out of this rut, and no automobile I can use anytime to get where I'd like to go. I have the overwhelming feeling I should leave this town and it's empty opportunities, because not even my family can help me be of use anymore.

I am putting more weight on, feeling slower, and deteriorating. It's as if I'm losing control of my physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Every night, I envision my own self living alone with no home somewhere, as if it'll really be my future.

I feel like there is no solution to reverse this slump as I have met a dead end. Sometimes I question why I'm even still alive.

Most people in school or employed are completely useless anyway, there's nothing wrong with this.

PieBeNice said:
Rainbows said:
Go back to college.

If you read his post you'd see how he said he doesn't want to go down that path anymore.

It's... discouraging how I failed out of that school. I have no passion for any profession, and I wish I did... I can't make a clear, definite path. So now, I just stay here inside, wishing someone could bring me somewhere new and eventually develop interests in things again.

PieBeNice said:
What were you studying?

I'm not even sure I had a clear profession I was studying. I took some music classes such as Audio Production and Music Theory, but it was so frustratingly complicating to me that I promised to not put my mind through that kind of stress and embarrassment again. I'm all alone here, and I want to leave all this behind and love with someone who will care and help me get on some kind of path. I need to live somewhere new.

anthonyS13 said:
I'm all alone here, and I want to leave all this behind and love with someone who will care and help me get on some kind of path. I need to live somewhere new.

Yea, but if you don't feel good about yourself, you are never going to let anyone care or like you.

Nicolelt said:
anthonyS13 said:
I'm all alone here, and I want to leave all this behind and love with someone who will care and help me get on some kind of path. I need to live somewhere new.

Yea, but if you don't feel good about yourself, you are never going to let anyone care or like you.

Gibberish.

Nicolelt said:
anthonyS13 said:

Or you're going to ruin yourself and the person in question.

Rainbows said:
Nicolelt said:
anthonyS13 said:

I want to be helped... I want to feel like I am more able to find a solution. But everyone around me seems to turn a blind eye to what I need, because they're disappointed and seemingly ashamed to be around me. I can't feel good about myself if no one can accept me or have me around. It's as if I was born to be disliked and ignored.

PieBeNice said:
Nicolelt said:

Gibberish.

It does sound like one of those bullshit cliche'd phrases, so my natural reaction is to challenge it, but it's certainly not unheard of. Insecurities destroying a relationship? Quite common actually.

It may not make much sense, until you see it happen.

painter said:
PieBeNice said:

Gibberish.

It does sound like one of those bullshit cliche'd phrases, so my natural reaction is to challenge it, but it's certainly not unheard of. Insecurities destroying a relationship? Quite common actually.

It may not make much sense, until you see it happen.
[/quote]

The quote thing you did made it seem like I said the thing someone else said.

anthonyS13 said:
Rainbows said:
Nicolelt said:
anthonyS13 said:

I want to be helped... I want to feel like I am more able to find a solution. But everyone around me seems to turn a blind eye to what I need, because they're disappointed and seemingly ashamed to be around me. I can't feel good about myself if no one can accept me or have me around. It's as if I was born to be disliked and ignored.

Then seek help. Go to a counselor. I had too. I had no idea what I wanted to with life, or where to go, and my friends and family could not help me. It wasn't their job. I got help, and it lead me to go to a different university, where I met more people and pursued something I liked.

And if people want to ignore you and dislike you, fresia 'em, find new friends.

PieBeNice said:
Can you play an instrument?

Well, some guitar and I used to write my own songs. But I never thought I was any good, and I had no people to play with.

Nicolelt said:
anthonyS13 said:
Rainbows said:
Nicolelt said:
anthonyS13 said:

Then seek help. Go to a counselor. I had too. I had no idea what I wanted to with life, or where to go, and my friends and family could not help me. It wasn't their job. I got help, and it lead me to go to a different university, where I met more people and pursued something I liked.

Don't literally fresia them though, that's not the perfect way to part ways.

Rainbows said:
Nicolelt said:
anthonyS13 said:
Rainbows said:
Nicolelt said:

Don't literally fresia them though, that's not the perfect way to part ways.

Yes, don't literally fresia them....that would be bad.

Latest posts

Back