Why are you here? Are you lonely? If so, why do you feel so?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ordinaryDude

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies if this is a repeat question. Just wanna know why do you come here? Are you alone without a family or even they can't remove your loneliness? What exactly that you think you are missing that makes you lonely?

I'm here because I want to share my love for pancakes.

I'm here bc I lost all my friends due to chronic illness & family doesn't believe that I'm in pain.

Rainbows said:

I'm here bc I lost all my friends due to chronic illness & family doesn't believe that I'm in pain.

Oh my god.....I want pancakes now.

I moved away from all of my family and friends to a rural area where I am seen as an outsider. So it has been very difficult for me to make friends here.

Are we talking like American, dutch or Korean pancakes. Korean pancakes are awesome.

Oh. My. God. Pancakes. ... *faints*

I am here to help others if they are able and mature enough to listen to advice.

But dayum .. pancakes.

Rainbows said:

I brought home a bag of korean pancake mix, but I can't read the directions :rolleyes2:

I came here because I only associate with kind and decent people. Unfortunately there are nearly no kind and decent people, so I'm relatively lonely.

Rainbows said:

Is that your pic?

I was here because I was feeling alone (not lonely) and felt that it would do me some good to have some sort of interaction after I came out of a pretty long relationship.
Now, I'm here because I just want to be there for those who need someone.

And ****, I love pancakes with some honey. Mmm mm. Gimme!

I was pretty devastated when my ex left me. I came to seek some advice.
It has been almost 5 months since she left me but I still feel kinda empty without her.
I have been forming more "friendships" lately so that has helped.

I cant really say why do I "feel" so, I just do.
And I´m here hoping to find some mechanism to make that feeling go away. Learn how to cope with feeling lonely, and not to feel lonely.

Was really lonely when I joined, but now not so much. I stick around for the BANTER and just because I like to talk about feelingy kinda stuff.

I joined because I'm alone most of the time, but not always lonely. In general I'm a rather reclusive guy and I have little need for socializing in real life with people I feel no connection to. Which is the case with most people.
Around here I can relate at least marginally and get my necessary dose of human interaction. I'm afraid that isolation easily paves the way for delusion, arrogance and self-absorption and I don't want to end up like that. I have to validate my morals and convictions with other people to check whether I'm still on the path of reason...and if I'm still human at all.

Bored and isolated emotionally.

I'm lonely because I overcame anxiety and poor social skills only to find out that I can't connect with people and they don't want me, anyway. Worst of all, I wasted many precious years coming to this realization... but I still have a good 60 years or so left to make a lifestyle of it and start cultivating alternatives to human connection.

Still have all my squandered childhood talents deep down.

I joined because I was looking for relationship advice, especially as it pertains to why I keep failing to attract anyone that I actually want. I was very hurt went from wonderful to broken down with the girl I love. The advice here has ranged from eye-openingly insightful to defeatist bullshit, but I guess it's like Bruce Lee said, "Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own".

A few of you I like, and want to stay in touch with. A few of you I don't like, and I guess that's what the Ignore button is for.

Idk if I am necessarily lonely. I live at home with my family, and I do have friends that I see from time to time. But sometimes I feel that no one quite understands what I want out of life, the kind of person I want to be, the kind of things I'd like to weave into my life. I guess I am just here to look for more ideas on life.

Rainbows said:

this sounds like my life, except for the pancakes :)

also, while trying to overcome my shyness, once I was able to go out and socialize again in a new town, I made the mistake of mixing up connecting with networking, so my life now is like a desert full of smiling ghosts and Facebook Likes

uh, and I forgot, men either ignore me or feel the necessity to abuse me

i joined because i was feeling very alone and isolated at the time. Things are a bit better now. I still like the interaction here and I like helping people if I can.

Plus I do love pancakes :D

I came because I was lonely, but I'm not really lonely anymore.
Then, I came to get answers to some burning issues in my life, and that comes and goes.
I come now because I like this little community of people and I try to help when I can.

But really, I came for the pancakes. ;)

Latest posts

Back