A young and confused introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Alexander, I'm 21 years old and from Norway. I joined this forum because I recently started working and at the same time quit online gaming. I've had both online and real life friends through most of my life, but after I left my most used online community I slowly noticed how alone I actually was out there in the real world.

Growing up I moved around a lot, something that made a huge impact on my abilities to make new friends. I'm not sure what happened, but I guess I just gave up on trying to get close to people after repeatedly being dragged away from them anyway.

Most of my life I've spent online. Playing games, making friends, discovering new hobbies etc. I have been a really hardcore gamer for many years, and I started living inside this fantasy world roughly after I turned 13. I started out playing social MMO's like Habbo and IMVU because it was so much easier making friends there, but when I got older I wanted more and started with more advanced MMORPG gaming. I usually played every single day, and I enjoyed pretty much all of it. My most nostalgic memories this day, are from online games.

I also love music, movies and anime. I'm learning to play both the guitar and the piano (bought my first keyboard recently) and I like many others, would not be able to continue living without music. My favourite genres are metal (melodic, death, folk), folk music like Eddie Vedder and Chuch Ragan, and electro. I'm very picky when it comes to music which have left me with the same bands for many years, but when I do find something new it's usually something I really like.

I get very close and emotional when watching movies and anime aswell. Being a person that never experienced love, true friendship and other feelings IRL, I get very easily set inside the world of what I'm watching. I can honestly say that the person I am today (very kind, calm, funny, respectful) I am thanks to fictional characters. My personality is built from the personalities of many of my favourite characters from movies and series, which I don't see as a bad thing, even tho I know very well they're not real.

Oh well, I should probably make this the end of the introduction before I go too far. I hope I can make some friends here and I look forward to having long and meaningful conversations with you all! And apologies for the long introduction, I know you will only read what you feel comfortable reading anyway. ^^

Here's a couple of pictures of me so you can put a face to the name. Also, feel free to message me at any time. All ages, both genders. Doesn't matter. I'm quite friendly.

Zfk6Od9.jpg

*waves*

Hi Alexander! It's nice to meet you, and welcome to the forum!

Paul's gonna like you, you could be long haired talking about anime buddies who happen to like metal.

That aside, we (me, paul, nicolelt, piebenice, lowlander, etc etc etc) have a skype group that we use everyday to talk/type/whatever you want to. You're free to join. It might sound a little scary but everyone gets along! & It's lots of fun.

Send me a pm if you want to join, with your skype username.

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum, Alexander. I enjoyed reading your introduction.

MentalDiscomfort said:
I can honestly say that the person I am today (very kind, calm, funny, respectful) I am thanks to fictional characters. My personality is built from the personalities of many of my favourite characters from movies and series, which I don't see as a bad thing, even tho I know very well they're not real.

And I related to this statement immensely. I think my personality is composite of my favourite characters as well. Most of mine are antiheroes though...which resulted in a different set of personal traits.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everybody!

Rainbows said:
Paul's gonna like you, you could be long haired talking about anime buddies who happen to like metal.

That aside, we (me, paul, nicolelt, piebenice, lowlander, etc etc etc) have a skype group that we use everyday to talk/type/whatever you want to. You're free to join. It might sound a little scary but everyone gets along! & It's lots of fun.

Send me a pm if you want to join, with your skype username.

Welcome!
****, I'm already liking this paul guy. I'll send you a pm.

Rodent said:
Welcome to the forum, Alexander. I enjoyed reading your introduction.

MentalDiscomfort said:
I can honestly say that the person I am today (very kind, calm, funny, respectful) I am thanks to fictional characters. My personality is built from the personalities of many of my favourite characters from movies and series, which I don't see as a bad thing, even tho I know very well they're not real.

And I related to this statement immensely. I think my personality is composite of my favourite characters as well. Most of mine are antiheroes though...which resulted in a different set of personal traits.

I'm happy to hear my introduction was to your liking. And aquiring different personal traits from antiheroes I don't really see as a bad thing. Everybody gets them from somewhere, we are after all only humans, and humans, they are not ment to be perfect.

Latest posts

Back