I thought I was getting better at this :/

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrish

Reaction score
****.. I thought that I was getting better at the whole trust thing :(, previos relationships have tought me a defense mechanism that's pi***ng me off, my gilfriend has told me that she can't txt me. Because she's gone out after work running and to meet a 'friend' as she says, I'm not exactly local to her so I have no idea.. But its playing on my mind because the other day she told me that she couldn't txt me after work because she had a lot on at work and had to 'work on some quotes at home', I don't know, maybe its just my mind but I'm laying in bed with my mind running away :/

I get you. I have the same problem. I do not trust anyone due to previous relationships (it's now causing issues in my marriage). Which drives him away. I'm not sure what advice I van give. Just wanted you to know you're not alone.

Has she ever done anything to you that has made you not trust her?

My ex one time accused me of cheating because I was "at a dog show with my sister". And guess what, I really was! It crushed me when he did this, I had never been unfaithful or had a reason for him not to trust me. :(

But, I understand where you are coming from. Past relationships haunt our new ones sometimes.

Nicolelt said:
Has she ever done anything to you that has made you not trust her?

My ex one time accused me of cheating because I was "at a dog show with my sister". And guess what, I really was! It crushed me when he did this, I had never been unfaithful or had a reason for him not to trust me. :(

But, I understand where you are coming from. Past relationships haunt our new ones sometimes.
She hasn't, I mean, she has told me that she used to date 3 guys at a time lol, but, she has never lied to me that I know of, it was a bit of anxiaty on my part I think, where 5 hours apart so, I feel a bit distant sometimes :(

Tealeaf said:
What defense mechanism is that? Barriers tend to get in the way of relationships.
Oh, to well, expect the worst :/.. That way you'll never be dissapointed

chrish said:
Tealeaf said:
What defense mechanism is that? Barriers tend to get in the way of relationships.
Oh, to well, expect the worst :/.. That way you'll never be dissapointed

But you will be disappointed, and you are. It's not that you'll never be if you expect the worst. It's that you're disappointed for longer, and probably before you even need to be. Have you spoken to her about these feelings?

Latest posts

Back