Is it hard to learn and to play the harmanica?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dagger

Reaction score
I'm asking cause i am getting into it but i just don't know if it is hard to learn and play, does anybody reccamend me anything. Please I wanna know before I buy it.

beautiful loser said:
Dagger, if you want them I have a few harmonica books that I can email to you. PM if you want them.

That woul'd be great I'm using a old yahoo so send it here ismael.velagarcia

If you want it, go after it. Not a lot of good things in life are going to come easy.

What Tealeaf said...it will take practice, like any musical instrument. Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" has two nice, easy solos...you could start there once you get to playing. It's the Blues Traveler stuff (especially the amazing solo in "Hook") that will blow you away.

Dagger, I just got in from work, so I'll send you the stuff later tonight. Have a good one.

beautiful loser said:
What Tealeaf said...it will take practice, like any musical instrument. Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" has two nice, easy solos...you could start there once you get to playing. It's the Blues Traveler stuff (especially the amazing solo in "Hook") that will blow you away.

Dagger, I just got in from work, so I'll send you the stuff later tonight. Have a good one.

Holy Wow b.l., what a generous and selfless gesture- respect Dude.

I have had a few harmonicas but never put enough time into them to be any good at it. They can be fun. Cheap or very expensive depending.

WildernessWildChild said:
beautiful loser said:

Holy Wow b.l., what a generous and selfless gesture- respect Dude.
Thanks, WWC. I always try to help people out when I can, especially if it can inspire someone :)

It's one of the easier instruments to learn how to play. Especially if you already know some about playing music/music theory. It's one of the most fun and rewarding instruments too. Once you learn the basics you can get harmonicas in different keys too.

easy as breathing =)

that is unless you want to sound like John Popper from Blues Traveller!
if you do get onto learning, you HAVE to listen to that guy and pray to him like a GOD!

Walley said:
easy as breathing =)

that is unless you want to sound like John Popper from Blues Traveller!
if you do get onto learning, you HAVE to listen to that guy and pray to him like a GOD!
Walley, he'll have to put in some overtime, before he's half way to Popper's ability...haha...just kidding Dagger..sort of :p

Another good solo to learn...I think it sounds great...is Stevie Wonder's solo on Elton John's "Guess that's why they call it the blues."

P.S. Dagger, check your email.

I used to have one of those metal things that holds the harmonica for you so you can play a guitar or piano. They are very inexpensive.

Latest posts

Back