im doomed.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porman

Reaction score
Its been 2 years since i finished school and havnt had full time work yet. I applied for the australian defence force and Iv been pretty excited about it all, I got past the first interview and some tests.

Then i get a phone call asking about my broken leg, as i have a metal rod in my leg, which has no effect on me and forget its even there. but they said that its not normally exceptable! There going to let me still carry on with the interview and the medical but if they knock me back because of it il be messed. Im just hoping they let me in, i mean i could have had the thing taken out but they didnt see the need too. Il just wont take no for an answer lol, it say put me through stress tests, take your X-rays, anything to prove that il be fine, il say well i get the ******* thing taken out.

If i dont get in i can see myself like the 40 year old guy with no job across the screet still living with his mum. I cant stay here, theres no work and everyone i knew has left.

Yeah i dont know why excatly i posted this, i was pretty annoyed and all and felt like tpyin it out lol :p

I dunno i just feel like im cursed lol

That sucks man. Well even with out the rod there is no guarantee to getting in. Its not like it used to be in the forces. Now days you have to be some kinder supper human lol Maybe war well break out lol They would be begging you then hahha

I do think you should be thinking about what else you could do if you don't get in tho. I mean you cert make this the be all and end all. You do that in life and your asking for trouble. You always need a plan B.

Well I wish you luck anyway.. Not that you well need luck, You seem Vere determined witch is the mean thing. Am sure that well show fro and that on its own I would think well make them wont you moor.

thanks bluey :) Other then this little set back im pretty confident in getting in. Im not good at interviews since i get heaps nervous, so thats going to be scary, but il nail the medical (other then my leg) and the physical so i guess all thats riding on me getting in is my stupid leg and the interview lol.

And yeah this does sort of feel like my last resort, If i dont get in then my plan B would be to take any job i could local, or take up some courses and further my education, or just do my HSC again lol.

I just feel its exactly what i need, an adventure, meet heaps of people and actually start my life. and i dont feel like i can do any of these if i stay at home. So plan B would be pretty depressing.

Anyway thanks for the encouragement :p il let you know how it all turns out.

Porman said:
thanks bluey :) Other then this little set back im pretty confident in getting in. Im not good at interviews since i get heaps nervous, so thats going to be scary, but il nail the medical (other then my leg) and the physical so i guess all thats riding on me getting in is my stupid leg and the interview lol.

Don't sweat the interview. Pretend they're a good friend.

A metal rod that could have been taken out and that is a concern of theirs? Hopefully they decide it is no big deal. I guess things have changed like Bluey said.

I know its stupid. he said because it may cause future problems/injuries. Il just be very persuasive at the medical that it doesnt effect me one bit. il be like, well its stronger then your leg ***** lol

Porman said:
I know its stupid. he said because it may cause future problems/injuries. Il just be very persuasive at the medical that it doesnt effect me one bit. il be like, well its stronger then your leg ***** lol

lol That would be how I played it. make out it makes you even stronger. So less chance of it braking. And say ye since am like the bionic man I wont moor pay for my job as well *****! OK better not say the last bit tho, Wait tell ye in for that haha

Hey man don't let that get you down, I have a screw in my right hip from a sports accident when I was 8 and I play baseball and even led my league in hitting one year. Don't think you can't do things as good or better than the others just because of your condition.

yeah its not me doubting myself, its them doubting me lol.

Anyway im finally booked in for the interview and medical in a few weeks time so it should be interesting.

He said i have to wait 6 months to re apply, which is ridiculous. Im just going to move on and aim for something else, I dont think im the military type anyway.

Well look for something else in the mean time. 6 moths well fly by. But I would still be looking for something else as well. You gotta keep as many options open as you can.

But ye always sucks to be turned down. Try and not be to dishartened about it.

Latest posts

Back