Ummmmmm.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MermiaWow

Reaction score
I was never good at this, but I needed a place to vent and/or know that I'm not alone with my issues. I've come a long, LONG way, but there are still some things I'd like to change. Like my profile states, I'm a cynic, with a deep-seeded mistrust of people stemming from bullying (which was not treated like the epidemic it is considered now at the time).

That, plus the fact that I am a 40 year old black woman who does not fit into any stereotype whatsoever, equals to no friends and no serious boyfriend ever (though not a virgin). I repel men from all walks of life, lol. No joke, my approaching-60-year-old-sister is on a date right now...

Basically, I'm just looking for a place other than experienceproject that gets me; probably won't post much, I just want to know I'm not alone. Thanks.

Hey MermiaWow, welcome to the forum.

I don't really think it matters if you fit into a stereotype or not. You are who you are and that's good enough for people who genuinely care about you :)

Welcome!

TheRealCallie is right. And if you're thinking that your life isn't fulfilling because you don't have a man, think again. Only you can make yourself happy. And those who have bullied you or mistreated you? Imagine where they are today, after all that time, if they went through life treating everyone like that. Probably ten times lonelier than you.

I'm under half your age (I'm 18) and may not be able to relate to everything, but I would love to be a listening ear for you if you ever need one. :D

Hey Mermiawow, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here. :)

Hello and welcome. I too do not fit in. People who can be stereotyped fit in better because they are nonthreatening. They basically conform to the expectations that others have of them.

If you are different, it's too much of a shock to people. Yes, I know how that feels.

I wouldn't worry about fitting in, I seem to 'fit in' but I've still been on my own forever. Anyway, hi and welcome :)

Latest posts

Back