Sorta kinda new...but not really....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostinlifeitseems

Reaction score
Hi there
As the subject noted I have been a member of the forum for a while but this is my first post. I don't have a good reason for why I didn't post except that the anxiety associated with the thought of posting won. I have been battling depression for the majority of my adult life. It has been an up and down roller coaster where I can function without meds and deal with life ok. Other times I have struggled to cope without meds. Currently I have been prescribed a cocktail of meds and also working with a therapist.

I am struggling with a mix of low self esteem, social anxiety and an overall feeling of sadness and loneliness. I have had some friendship / relationship end in similar ways and I am convinced that is it my fault. In my mind I believe that I am doing the right things but in the end I feel used and alone.

Now add the social anxiety...meeting new people is way out of my comfort zone. I clam up and have troubles talking, which comes across as being unapproachable. I'm really not that person...well at least I didn't use to be. I want to have that confidence to be able to talk to and relate to whomever...but right now all I think is that whatever I try is going to fail and it will be my fault.

Hey there, welcome to the forum. Sorry to read about what you've been struggling with, I do hope that your treatment and seeing the therapist is working out all right for now and hope that it will help you get better in time.

Glad to see that you finally posted, hope you'll find what you're looking for here. :)

Hi and welcome, glad you posted, we're really quite a nice bunch!

Latest posts

Back