This site fails.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkee

Reaction score
Well I came here because it is supposed to be about and for people who experience loneliness among other things and find it hard to find support in their "real" lives.

What I have found though is when people do reach out, they are maligned and abused, I stood up for someone yesterday and was ridiculed and bullied by The Real Callie who seemed to think I had no right to stand up for someone else even though Callie herself stated that other members were just coming to the aid of their friends on the site against this particular member.

In short this is a clear case of ganging up and bullying.

On a site where people already feel down and isolated some of you did nothing more than add to that feeling and sense of "I am alone".

Yes, misunderstandings happen but they can often be worked out if people want to work them out, what I saw with the behavior towards this particular member and my own experience with Callie though was a desire to fuel the problem and escalate the anger and abuse.

Given the amount of people you have who leave this site I know I am not alone and I also know that some of you feel a great sense of power in being able to drive people away from your little group in this manner.

If that is all you have in your lives than I pity you and I hope you have fun pissing more people off in the future.

For me though I will be leaving you to play in your little clique, simply too much stupidity here to bother continuing.

LOL, oh look, you're doing exactly what you claim everyone else does by attacking me. That's lovely. Bravo.

Oh and btw, you don't know my motives or what I mean by what I say, so please refrain from doing so in the future, because you are wrong in your interpretations. :)

There's the thread where Callie falls over herself to be a ***** - http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=32280

You can see how she is rather eager to be nasty and makes it quite clear that established members have more rights than new ones among other things.

TheRealCallie said:
LOL, oh look, you're doing exactly what you claim everyone else does by attacking me. That's lovely. Bravo.

Like I said, I stand up to bullies. I'm calling you on it.

Yours and others behavior has an effect on people, that is what this thread is about.

Oh dear, so because you have possibly had a bad experience, this site fails? Care to elaborate on that? Oh yea so many people leave this site. That may be, but then again, people also leave because they feel better and get on with their lives. Not because they are constantly being bullied. Furthermore, since we're sticking up for eachother anyway, I'll say that Callie was in her right to say the things she did, she didn't do anything wrong. Same goes for other members. If you have a problem, contact a forum administrator, they can deal with it. That's how you deal with it, not posting some ridiculous thread ranting about how everyoen is being bullied because you are being bullied. I respect your opinion but if you are going to make a thread which ends with an insult to everyone on the forum, just leave us alone already and let us help the people who do actually appreciate the help we offer.

Monkee said:
There's the thread where Callie falls over herself to be a ***** - http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=32280

You can see how she is rather eager to be nasty and makes it quite clear that established members have more rights than new ones among other things.

TheRealCallie said:

Like I said, I stand up to bullies. I'm calling you on it.

Yours and others behavior has an effect on people, that is what this thread is about.

Yes, because I'm the one calling people bitches and bullies? Hmmm....

Calling out a forum member based on a personal beef is against forum policy. There are ways we deal with such conflicts, and public threads is not the way. You should have contacted a mod if you had an issue.

I suspect this thread will be closed shortly.

Lowlander said:
Oh dear, so because you have possibly had a bad experience, this site fails? Care to elaborate on that? Oh yea so many people leave this site. That may be, but then again, people also leave because they feel better and get on with their lives. Not because they are constantly being bullied. Furthermore, since we're sticking up for eachother anyway, I'll say that Callie was in her right to say the things she did, she didn't do anything wrong. Same goes for other members. If you have a problem, contact a forum administrator, they can deal with it. That's how you deal with it, not posting some ridiculous thread ranting about how everyoen is being bullied because you are being bullied. I respect your opinion but if you are going to make a thread which ends with an insult to everyone on the forum, just leave us alone already and let us help the people who do actually appreciate the help we offer.

Thank you for illustrating the double standard, Callie went hell for leather with her bullshit yesterday which by your own admission is perfectly ok yet I write about it and I am vilified.

Thanks for proving my point.

And yes, I have PM'd all the admins and will be having my account deleted.

I will now log off so you can prove my point further by ganging up and flaming me.

Goodbye arseholes.

Monkee said:
Lowlander said:

Thank you for illustrating the double standard, Callie went hell for leather with her bullshit yesterday which by your own admission is perfectly ok yet I write about it and I am vilified.

Thanks for proving my point.

And yes, I have PM'd all the admins and will be having my account deleted.

I will now log off so you can prove my point further by ganging up and flaming me.

Goodbye arseholes.

Some people are just not meant to be here, I think. I would say I'm sad to see you leave, but I'm not. Not when you treat people like this when they are just trying to discuss with you normally.

Case said:
Calling out a forum member based on a personal beef is against forum policy. There are ways we deal with such conflicts, and public threads is not the way. You should have contacted a mod if you had an issue.

I suspect this thread will be closed shortly.

I couldn't give a fresia, I have requested my account deleted and Callie seemed to be totally ok with abusing me. A rule for one and a rule for the older members.

This forum is a good place for meeting people. It doesn't fail.

The ignore list is a wonderful thing. Remove those who irritate you from your forum experience and your mind entirely. You can skim past people who quote them.

At the risk of sounding like I'm greasing up to people here, on first impression Callie sounds like the kind of person who believes they're never wrong, but this is just some people's default mode of communicating (forthright, opinionated, blunt.) No need to take it personally.

wooo hooo!
I got a post in before it's locked! \o/

btw, how does having people support them in a thread make them win?
in my experience, I have been a lone member on quite a few forums and usually find myself on the lonely side of "groups"
and not to blow my own horn.. but take my word for it, I usually end up being the one who wins.

the one who "wins" in any debate are the ones with the best argument that cannot be easily denied.

Walley said:
the one who "wins" in any debate are the ones with the best argument that cannot be easily denied.

I would also add that people who don't have a thick skin should probably not enter into any debates. If people allow sudden anger and bitterness to control them, they will always lose a debate.

I have seen that so many times in other forums that it's ridiculous. One person makes a public statement, and someone with a stronger argument comes along to challenge the statement, and suddenly the OP starts making ad hominem attacks because they are too emotional, and suddenly, the original point of the message is lost in a sea of insults.

But, those are the threads that usually get forgotten in time.

Hell...I tried to just clean it up, but there were just too many posts to delete them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back